Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
Rhode Island Small Business Insurance
As small business insurance specialists we understand that every business is different, which is why we don’t offer one-size-fits-all solutions. We customize our small business insurance in Rhode Island to the specific risks you face, ensuring you get the right coverage at the right price.
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Exceeding project schedule: A management consultant was hired to do a project that included assessing the client’s customer service function. As the project progressed, more deliverables were added. When the consultant informed the client that the project had become too large for him to complete on his own, the client sued him for not completing the project as agreed. Professional liability insurance could protect management consultants against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, even if they haven't made a mistake.
- Bodily injury: At a media event being held at a consultant’s office, a journalist had too much to drink and stumbled into a table, knocking it over, breaking several glasses and injuring himself. He brought a claim for his injuries against the consultant. General liability insurance protects media consultants against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
- Property damage: A claims adjuster was inspecting a home for a claim of water damage. While in the home, he knocked over and broke an expensive sculpture. The homeowner made a claim for the cost to replace the sculpture. General liability insurance could protect claims adjusters against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Negligence: A regular Pilates client starts to experience severe back pain and makes a claim against the studio for negligently instructing her. Professional liability protects yoga and Pilates instructors and studio owners against such claims and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if necessary, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
- Dissatisfied client: Parents hired a tutor to help their child improve their SAT scores. After several tutoring sessions, the student took the test for the second time and received lower scores than the first time. The parents sued for a refund of the fees they paid the tutor. Professional liability insurance could protect tutors against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Example professions we insure in Rhode Island:
How Hiscox can help your business in RI:
- Passion for service: Knowledgeable agents provide exceptional service – 4.7/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
- Coverage for contracts: Our professional liability coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Tailored coverage: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Fast and simple: Online quotes or speak to a licensed agent – immediate coverage.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is ‘A’ rated (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your Rhode Island business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Eric, North Kingston, RI
"Comprehensive Policy at a Competitive Price"
Rep was clear and concise about policies available and helpful in finding one that fit my business needs. Prices are also competitive.
Bill R., Scottsdale, AZ
"Very knowledgeable and friendly; got set up in 30 minutes. Very easy, online quote. Very flexible and knowledgeable phone/sales rep to help complete the application. Hiscox seems to be the leader/only provider for E&O insurance. A couple of other major multi-line insurance companies redirect you to Hiscox. I take that as a vote of confidence in their financial stability and service quality."
Richard, San Diego, California
"Easy application process and personal follow up."
I happy with the process and the personal attention I received.
Rick, Napa California
Very convenience and affordable
"Clear + Professional Custom Service"
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 520 Madison Avenue, 32nd Floor, New York, NY 10022.