General Liability Insurance Cost
How much does General Liability Insurance cost?
General liability insurance typically costs $30 a month or less based on a survey we performed on 50,000 small business owners. We also learned that 95% of the surveyed small business owners pay less than $50 per month for general liability insurance, and just 1% of small businesses pay more than $100 per month. There are many reasons that factor into the end cost of general liability insurance.
Factors that influence the cost of general liability insurance
The location and industry of your business plays a factor in the cost of your general liability insurance policy. If you do business in an area where the risk is greater, you may be able to manage the cost of a general liability insurance policy by adjusting your limits to reflect your actual need.
Other factors that can impact the cost of a general liability policy are costs of payroll and annual revenue.
For instance, two companies could have the same monthly payment, but they are different sizes, in different locations, and have different limits.
Examples of general liability costs by profession and location
|IT Consultant||Business Consultant|
|Per occurrence limit||$500,000||$1,000,000|
Ways to manage your general liability insurance costs
- Choose the appropriate limits. Your limit is the amount Hiscox will pay for a single claim or for all claims during the policy period (usually one year). The higher your limit, the more expensive your general liability insurance policy will be, so choose a limit that will protect you, but one that’s not so high that it’s overly costly.
- Make sure you have the right general liability insurance coverage. Hiscox provides tailored policies that cover the specific risks your business faces, so you get everything you need and nothing you don’t. That helps you keep your general liability insurance costs down.
How do claims factor into general liability insurance costs?
Reducing claims is another good way to keep costs of general liability insurance down. Prioritize safety when people come to your store or office to reduce the possibility of an accident. Use caution when you have customers’ property in your possession. And review safety best practices with your employees so they can help you reduce the likelihood of a claim.
Why do small businesses choose Hiscox?
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our general liability insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: We protect you for work done by your business anywhere in the world, as long as the covered claim is filed in the United States, a U.S. territory, or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—customers rated us 4.7/5.
Hiscox Customer Reviews
The information was accurate and the site was easy to navigate. My questions were answered and it was an overall great experience."
Jill, Iowa City, IA
"Fast as lightening, easy as pie! Unbelievable how fast and easy it was to obtain coverage. Thank you!"
Karen, Raleigh, NC
"Very Affordable coverage! Easy to understand and purchase online. Made my research easy and Hiscox was by far the best value out of all the companies I compared."
Lisa, Denver, Colorado
"Enjoyable, quick, stress free. The process was fast, easy and I like that I can do monthly payments and was able to find my quote online first! The customer service representative was super friendly and extremely helpful as well! I feel safe being insured with Hiscox for my personal training business! Thank you!"
Excellent customer service. Hiscox provides great policy information and easy to understand detailed explanations of insurance terms. This allows for the ability to make a sound and informed business decision. I would recommend this company as a possible insurance source. I would purchase from them again."
Scott, Tampa, Florida
I had already tried several other options to secure General Liability Insurance for my sole member LLC but had not been successful. The Hiscox experience was easy and very affordable."
Laura, Hampton, VA
"Best company ever! They made the process super easy and quick."
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Specific coverage terms can vary by class of business. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.