Insurance for architects and engineers
Do architects and engineers need business insurance?
Architects or engineers who design buildings for commercial and/or residential use should have professional and general liability insurance to protect themselves from claims and lawsuits brought by clients, vendors or even employees. Liability insurance is a great way to protect yourself while continuing to provide top-notch services to clients, which is especially true for architects and engineers who work privately or own their own business.
Example architects and engineer professions we insure
- Building Inspector
- Civil Engineer
- Project Manager
- Control System Integrator
- Electrical Engineer
- Environmental Engineer
- Industrial Engineer
- Interior Designer
- Landscape Architect
- Transportation Engineer
Insurance coverage available for architects and engineers
For the majority of architects and engineers, there are two main types of business insurance policies worth getting, each of which provides its own aspects of protection to help you run your business smoothly.
Why do architects and engineers choose Hiscox?
At Hiscox, we understand just how much work goes into being a successful architect or engineer. Whether you've opened your own firm or are working as an independent consultant, Hiscox can reduce your risk with our business insurance policies, allowing you to focus on growing your business.
Here are six reasons why architects and engineers choose Hiscox above other providers for professional and general liability insurance:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our architects insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service.
Ready to learn more about how Hiscox insurance can help mitigate risk with business insurance coverage? Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your architects and engineers business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 to speak with a licensed Hiscox agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.