Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for contractors?
Hiscox tailors your contractor insurance to fit the specific risks you face, such as a client’s medical costs resulting from bodily injury or claims of property damage resulting in data loss. Read more about the specific risks Hiscox covers.
We specialize in protecting a range of contracting professions including:
General Liability Insurance
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), could protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Bodily injury: A client trips over your toolbox and fractures their leg. You could be liable for the medical costs, however, your general liability insurance policy could cover those costs, protecting your business.
- Personal injury: One of your employees is out to lunch. He is overheard talking to another employee about one of your clients in an unflattering and false way. The client learns of this discussion and sues for slander. A general liability insurance policy could cover the subsequent claim, up the policy limits and appoint an attorney to defend you if necessary.
- Property damage and data loss: You are renovating a home office for a client and their desktop is nearby. During the demolition phase you accidentally drop something on the desktop causing irreparable damage. A general liability insurance policy could cover the claim up to your policy’s limits of liability.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why contractors choose Hiscox:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making quarterly payments (with no fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored Insurance: Insurance custom tailored to meet your needs and save you money.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, we will defend you even if the claim has no basis and, if necessary, appoint an attorney.
- Worldwide coverage: We protect you for work done by your business anywhere in the world, as long as the covered claim is filed in the United States, or a US territory.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
“Great Customer Service”
Professional, knowledgeable, and very customer friendly.
“Spot on for what I needed”
Straight forward and easy to understand. I already knew what I was looking for and didn’t have additional questions. My rating is based on not need any “real” assistance.
Ben, Newport Richey, Florida
My rep was very friendly and a pleasure to work with
Patricia U., Atlanta, GA
“Excellent Process & Affordable”
Easy online, user-friendly process! In verbiage everyone can understand! Great premium for my current need.
Joel, New York
“Saved and the process was painless”
The policy purchase was easy and customer service very helpful.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.