Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for contractors?
Hiscox tailors your contractor insurance to fit the specific risks you face, such as a client’s medical costs resulting from bodily injury or claims of property damage resulting in data loss. Read more about the specific risks Hiscox covers.
We specialize in protecting a range of contracting professions including:
General Liability Insurance
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), could protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Bodily injury: A client trips over your toolbox and fractures their leg. You could be liable for the medical costs, however, your general liability insurance policy could cover those costs, protecting your business.
- Personal injury: One of your employees is out to lunch. He is overheard talking to another employee about one of your clients in an unflattering and false way. The client learns of this discussion and sues for slander. A general liability insurance policy could cover the subsequent claim, up the policy limits and appoint an attorney to defend you if necessary.
- Property damage and data loss: You are renovating a home office for a client and their desktop is nearby. During the demolition phase you accidentally drop something on the desktop causing irreparable damage. A general liability insurance policy could cover the claim up to your policy’s limits of liability.
Learn more about general liability insurance costs.
Why contractors choose Hiscox:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our architects insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Hiscox Customer Reviews
“Great Customer Service”
Professional, knowledgeable, and very customer friendly.
“Spot on for what I needed”
Straight forward and easy to understand. I already knew what I was looking for and didn’t have additional questions. My rating is based on not need any “real” assistance.
Ben, Newport Richey, Florida
My rep was very friendly and a pleasure to work with
Patricia U., Atlanta, GA
“Excellent Process & Affordable”
Easy online, user-friendly process! In verbiage everyone can understand! Great premium for my current need.
Joel, New York
“Saved and the process was painless”
The policy purchase was easy and customer service very helpful.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.