Insurance for Real
Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for real estate agents?
As a real estate agent or broker you face specific risks. That's why we offer customized real estate agent insurance to fit your needs.
Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services – for businesses like yours. When is it important to have professional liability insurance? Examples include:
- Buyer’s remorse: With the continued decline of property values, clients may blame you for feeling like they overpaid for their new home. You could face a claim that you were negligent in researching the home’s value. Professional liability insurance will protect you even if you haven’t made this mistake and the allegations are groundless.
- Wrongful discrimination: Claims of discrimination are a common risk that real estate agents face. Clients may claim that you did not show them certain homes because of their race, religion, or gender – even if you’ve done nothing of the sort. Having the right professional liability insurance will protect you if a client makes a claim of wrongful discrimination against you.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), could protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Bodily injury: Your potential home buyer falls and injures herself in your office. General liability insurance could protect you from third party claims for bodily injury and associated medical costs.
- Personal injury: At a real estate convention you are attenting, two real estate agents were overheard making disparaging remarks about an executive at a nearby convention center. The conversation was overheard and got back to the executive. He sued the real estate agents. General liability insurance could protect real estate agents against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
- Property damage: You are showing a client a home that contains a lot of expensive antiques. During the showing, an expensive vase is broken. A general liability policy could cover the cost to replace the vase.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why do real estate agents choose Hiscox?
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Claims Responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, we will immediately defend you even if the claim has no basis and, if necessary, appoint an attorney.
- Passion for Service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service – 4.7/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
- Customized Insurance: Insurance tailored to meet your needs and save you money.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your real estate business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Shayla, New Orleans, LA
“Coverage in a matter of seconds.”
The policy was simple to purchase and covered every detail for my professional career. I would refer other professionals in my field to use Hiscox.
T Sakas, Atlanta, GA
A neighbor of mine works there; that's how I found out about them. The whole process was very straight forward. I tried at first to purchase what I needed on their website but found I had questions and called their customer service. I got through immediately and talked with someone who was very knowledgeable and helpful. He reviewed my online application with me and modified a few things that needed to be changed after our discussion. End to end process about 30 minutes. I had to call back about 10 minutes later to add a specific client organization to my policy. Once again, got through immediately and talked to someone who was equally knowledgeable and helpful.
They were very helpful and knowledgeable. I was able to get my certificates to our client that same day.
Michelle, Moreno Valley, CA
“Great service overall”
Aside from the fact that I had to call after filling out my online questionnaire. I feel the process was seamless and enjoyable. The representative I spoke with was friendly.
Suzanne, Phoenix, AZ
So easy to work with! Very polite and professional.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.