Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for safety consultants?
As a safety consultant, you face certain risks that are specific to your business. Hiscox understands these risks and we customize coverage for your specific business needs.
Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services – for businesses like yours. When is it important to have professional liability insurance? Examples include:
- Negligence: You are hired by a business to perform an OSHA compliance audit. The business fails to fully implement all of your recommendations and later faces severe fines from the government. The client sues you, and even though you are not at fault, you incur substantial costs to defend yourself. Your professional liability insurance policy could cover these costs, up to policy limits.
- Breach of contract: You were hired as a building inspector to complete the inspection of a new office complex within a very short period of time so that the complex could open on schedule. Shortly after accepting the project, two of your employees quit, leaving you without the resources necessary, taking you longer to complete the job. The opening of the complex was delayed, and the client sued for the loss of revenue. Professional liability insurance protects against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney if needed, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Bodily injury: A potential client visits your office to discuss the possibility of future business. As he leaves, he slips on the steps and sprains his ankle. His medical costs and lost wages could be covered by your general liability insurance policy, up to the limit of your liability.
- Property damage: While you are in a client’s home, you knock over and break an expensive antique vase. We may cover the cost to replace the vase, up to the limits of your liability.
- Personal injury: A client accuses your firm of spreading a rumor regarding the effectiveness of their senior management. A general liability insurance policy could cover your defense costs, as well as any settlement or judgement, up to your liability limits.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why safety consultants choose Hiscox:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making quarterly payments (with no fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored Insurance: Insurance custom tailored to meet your needs and save you money.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, we will defend you even if the claim has no basis and, if necessary, appoint an attorney.
- Worldwide coverage: We protect you for work done by your business anywhere in the world, as long as the covered claim is filed in the United States, or a US territory.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind you and your safety consultant business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Carol, Boston, MA
“Needed Liability Insurance as a contractor.”
The process is as simple and uncomplicated as it should be. Enter information and payment, and documents received within minutes.
Ed, Las Vegas, NV
Very easy process and great explanation of coverage options.
David, Havvre D’ Grace, MD
“Great Service” Very responsive to small business needs.”
Low cost and Compressive coverage for a small start up.
Esther, Richmond, VA
Applying online was easy, and quick.
Patrick, Sweeny, Texas
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.