Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
Who needs insurance for safety consultants?
Safety consultants who inspect schools, factories, warehouses, offices, and other places of business for regulatory compliance could inadvertently place themselves at professional risk and should obtain insurance. Due to tight deadlines helping clients avoid fines and lawsuits of their own, the recommendations provided by safety consultants may not always be followed to exact specifications.
Meanwhile, if your safety consulting business requires you to visit other properties or regularly invite clients into your own office, you could face costly and time-consuming general liability claims without the right insurance plan in place. Fortunately, Hiscox understands the risks associated with working as a safety consultant, which is why we customize small business insurance to address your specific needs.
As a versatile professional in this field, you may also be interested in these other types of related coverage that we offer:
Example professions we also insure
Safety consultant insurance policies available
Professional Liability Insurance for Safety Consultants
There are two primary types of insurance that we recommend to small businesses that specialize in safety consulting. The first of these is professional liability insurance. Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services — for safety consulting businesses such as yours.
In today’s litigious world, there is a variety of situations that can place you at the mercy of the court system, even if you’ve done nothing wrong. Whether you’re giving advice about worker safety at a job site, training employees on safety protocols, or inspecting a workplace for potential violations, safety consultants insurance can help you keep your business protected and profitable.
When is it important to have professional liability insurance as a safety professional? Here are a few real-world examples that may resonate with you as a safety consultant.
- Negligence: You are hired by a business to perform an OSHA compliance audit. The business fails to fully implement all of your recommendations and later faces severe fines from the government. The client sues you and even though you are not at fault, you incur substantial costs to defend yourself. A professional liability insurance policy may cover these costs, up to policy limits.
As a safety consultant, you understand the value of planning ahead. Let us help you plan ahead in your career with the insurance that safety consultants need.
- Missed deadline: You are hired as a building inspector to complete an accelerated inspection of a new office complex so that the complex can open on schedule. Shortly after accepting the project, two of your employees quit, leaving you without the resources to complete the job on time. The opening of the complex is delayed and the client sues you for revenue loss.
Professional liability insurance may protect you against claims of negligence, and we will appoint an attorney if needed, even if you haven’t made a mistake.
You can feel more confident with each new project you take on with Hiscox by your side. We’re here for you from start to finish.
To learn more about professional liability insurance, please browse our website or contact us to ask specific questions about how insurance can be an asset for your safety consulting business.
General Liability Insurance for Safety Consultants
The second type of insurance that safety consultants often need to keep their small businesses moving forward is general liability insurance. General liability insurance, sometimes called commercial general liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’ claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. This is an important type of insurance to have if you travel as a normal course of business, if you frequently host client meetings, or if you deal with challenging clients.
Having general liability coverage is beneficial in many instances, especially as your business grows and your clientele expands. Here are a few scenarios in which liability insurance for safety consultants is useful.
- Bodily injury: A potential client visits your office to discuss a project that requires your safety consulting expertise. As he leaves, he slips on the steps and sprains his ankle. A general liability insurance policy could cover his medical costs and lost wages, up to the limit of liability.
Due to the rising cost of medical care, bodily injury claims can take a serious toll on a small business. But instead of fearing for the worst, prepare yourself for success. Hiscox can help.
- Property damage: While you’re in a client’s office conducting a safety inspection, you knock over and break an expensive antique vase. We may cover the cost to replace the vase, up to the limits of your liability.
We understand how seemingly minor incidents can turn into big problems, and we’re here to help reduce your financial risks.
- Personal injury: A client for whom you have provided safety recommendations accuses you of spreading a rumor about the effectiveness of their senior management. A general liability insurance policy could cover your defense costs, as well as any settlement or judgment, up to your liability limits.
Whether allegations like this are true or not, a Hiscox safety consultant insurance policy can help your business stay afloat and prosper despite third-party personal injury claims, such as slander and libel.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why do safety consultants choose Hiscox?
At Hiscox, small businesses are our specialty. And it’s because of our dedication that we have become America’s top online, small business insurer. Investing in the right coverage will help you feel secure taking calculated risks to grow your business. For safety consultants, this means more opportunities to put your knowledge about codes and compliance to use in order to help other businesses succeed and keep their employees safe.
Here are some of the top reasons why individuals in your profession choose Hiscox for their insurance needs.
- Flexible payment options: We offer quarterly payment options (with no fees) to help you manage your cash flow. This is a great option for safety consultants whose income fluctuates based on evolving projects or who simply want more flexibility in their business spending.
- Tailored insurance: We offer custom-tailored insurance to meet your day-to-day needs and save you money. We have insurance plans designed just for safety consultants, so you won’t be paying for any coverage that you don’t need.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, we will defend you even if the claim has no basis and, if necessary, appoint an attorney. We pride ourselves on providing prompt expert service without the frustration or guesswork.
- Worldwide coverage: We protect you for consulting work done by your business anywhere in the world, as long as the covered claim is filed in the United States or a US territory. This allows consultants such as you to take your business to the next level and expand more than you ever thought possible.
At Hiscox, we believe that small businesses are the backbone of the economy, and we want to help yours succeed. Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind you and your safety consultant business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Carol, Boston, MA
“Needed Liability Insurance as a contractor.”
The process is as simple and uncomplicated as it should be. Enter information and payment, and documents received within minutes.
Ed, Las Vegas, NV
Very easy process and great explanation of coverage options.
David, Havvre D’ Grace, MD
“Great Service” Very responsive to small business needs.”
Low cost and Compressive coverage for a small start up.
Esther, Richmond, VA
Applying online was easy, and quick.
Patrick, Sweeny, Texas
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.