Speak with a licensed insurance agent: 1-866-283-7545
Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET M–F, 7a –10p ET
What kind of insurance is best for insurance inspectors?
As an independent insurance inspector, you face specific risks in your business. Hiscox understands these risks and we customize coverage for your specific business needs.
Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services – for businesses like yours. When is it important to have professional liability insurance? Examples include:
- Negligence: You are hired to determine the rebuild cost of a high value home. A couple of years later a fire destroys the home. The insured value is found to be insufficient and you are sued for failing to properly value unique and valuable features in the home. Your professional liability policy could cover your defense costs as well as any settlement or judgement, up to the limits of your liability.
- Protection even if you haven't made a mistake: You perform an inspection for prospective buyers of a wood-frame home that is located in a wooded area. The inspection does not report any evidence of termites, but six months after the new owners moved in, the sunroom collapses due to a termite infestation. The new owners file a lawsuit, but your professional liability insurance policy covers your defense costs as well as the settlement.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), could protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Property damage: While inspecting a home, you knock an expensive vase off a table, shattering it. The homeowner makes a claim for the replacement cost of the vase. A general liability policy could cover the cost, up to the limits of your liability.
- Bodily injury: A prospective client comes to your office and trips over the area rug, breaking his wrist. His medical costs and lost wages may be covered by your general liability policy, up to policy limits.
- Personal injury: One of your employees is at lunch. He talks to the owner of the shop about one of your clients in a false and unflattering way. The client learns of this discussion and sues for slander. We may cover the subsequent claim, up to your limits of liability, and pay for an attorney to defend you if necessary.
Learn more about general liability insurance costs.
Why insurance inspectors choose Hiscox:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our architects insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Gary, Royal Oak, Michigan
So seldom do you deal with an online company that works so hard and fast , to answer all your questions and concerns and sends your policy back with the utmost professionalization that I received. I would recommend this company to anyone needing their services.
Marlene, Temecula, CA
“Affordable, job specific coverage!”
Spot on! I was so happy to find this company. To meet my insurance needs at a reasonable cost and friendly fast service.
Bob, Cypress, TX
Excellent online explanations and easy to follow directions
Angela, New York City, NY
Jonathan, Los Angeles, CA
Thank you for working quickly to help me meet insurance requirements .We were able to obtain permits on time and deliver for our client. Thank you!!
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.