Who needs landscaping insurance?
If your lawn care business services include private yard landscaping, operating heavy equipment around homes, weeding gardens and trimming trees, setting up sprinkler systems, and even winterizing homes’ irrigation systems, you should consider general liability insurance.
Just as landscaping requires specialized tools and equipment to get the job done, the right insurance policy can protect you from heightened risks of bodily injury, property damage, and personal injury. Hiscox understands these risks and customizes landscaping insurance for professionals to fit your specific business needs. Whether you serve commercial customers, residential homeowners, or both, insurance for landscapers can protect you from general liability claims. Bodily injury or property damage claims that arise from the use of self-propelled mobile equipment, such as riding a lawnmower, are also covered in a Hiscox landscaper insurance policy.
If landscaping is just one of several services that you provide through your small business, you may be interested in learning about these types of insurance that Hiscox also offers:
Example professions we also insure
Lawn care insurance policies available
General Liability Insurance for lawn care professionals
Landscaper liability insurance helps empower small business owners to do the job they’ve trained to do. More specifically, general liability insurance is highly recommended for landscapers because of the high-risk nature of this type of work.
General liability insurance, sometimes called commercial general liability (CGL), can protect your business from another person or business's claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property.
Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in numerous instances. Here are a few hypothetical scenarios that you may face while working as a landscaper.
- Bodily injury: A customer trips over one of your landscaping tools while you are working in his yard. The customer claims that you were negligent by not keeping your tools in a safe place and files a lawsuit alleging that you are legally liable for his injuries. Another example may be While working at a client’s home, you are sweaty from the heat and your saw slips out of your hand and falls on a passerby causing an injury. If the person sues because of their injury, we would provide a defense for you in the lawsuit.
At Hiscox, we may cover the claim resulting from this incident and your customer’s related medical expenses up to your limits of liability. This type of protection enables you to take on every new job with confidence.
- Property damage: You’re trimming a branch off of a tree and it swings in the wrong direction and falls on your client’s new car. Damage to the vehicle would be covered. Another example may be you are pressure washing a customer’s home and your pressure washer hose knocks over a large potted plant. The pot cracks the concrete patio below. The damaged plant, pot, and patio would be covered.
We understand the danger of property damage that you face as a landscaper, which is why we offer general liability insurance for landscapers to plan ahead for this risk. For property damage situations such as this, Hiscox may cover your customer’s subsequent claim up to your limits of liability.
- Personal injury: One of the employees who works for your landscaping company is at lunch. He talks to the owner of a shop about one of your customers in a false and unflattering way. The customer learns of this discussion and sues you for slander.
If you face this situation in your small business, we may cover the subsequent claim, up to your limits of liability, and pay for an attorney to defend you if necessary.
Learn more about general liability insurance costs by browsing our website or contacting us directly.
Why do landscapers choose Hiscox?
Because of the distinct nature of landscaping and working closely with customers, now is the time to take the first steps to insuring your business for the future. Small businesses are our specialty, and we’re dedicated to helping you take yours to the next level of success. We have helped landscapers across the country plan ahead for their financial futures and be more prepared for whatever comes their way.
Here are the top six reasons why landscapers choose Hiscox for their insurance needs.
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our architects insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Today is the day to take control of your small business and prepare for the weeks, months, and years ahead. Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.