Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for landscapers?
As Landscape professionals you offer a specialized service to your customers. In doing so you face unique risks in your business. Hiscox understands these risks and customizes coverage for landscape and snow removal professionals to fit your specific business needs. Bodily injury or property arising from the use of any auto or self-propelled mobile equipment is excluded and NOT covered by this policy.
General Liability Insurance
General liability insurance, sometimes called commercial general liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business's claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Bodily injury: A customer trips over one of your landscaping tools while you are performing work in their yard and you are legally liable for the injury. We will cover the subsequent claim and related medical expenses up to your limits of liability.
- Property damage: One of your employees breaks a customer’s window in their home while mowing the lawn. We will cover the subsequent claim up to your limits of liability.
- Personal injury: One of your employees is at lunch. He talks to the owner of the shop about one of your clients in a false and unflattering way. The client learns of this discussion and sues for slander. We will cover the subsequent claim, up to your limits of liability, and pay for an attorney to defend you if necessary.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why landscapers choose Hiscox:
- Passion for Service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service – 4.8/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
- Customized Coverage: We tailor our professional insurance to the risk you’ll face in your industry.
- Competitive Rates: Our small business insurance quotes start from $22.50 per month in most states.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Vincente, Los Angeles, CA
“Great customer service on the personal and business side”
I'm very happy with my experience both personal and business wise with Hiscox
James, St. Augustine, FL
very convenient and extremely easy. The employees on the telephone are very helpful
Dan, St Paul, MN
“Very helpful and friendly service. Answered all of my questions. I would recommend their services”
Glenda, Fort Worth, TX
“I will definitely recommend Hiscox to my colleagues.”
I was completely blown away by the level of quality customer service. I was given a quote based on my needs and was able to complete the process on the first call.
Kevin, Salina, KS
“No Complaints – Hiscox Rocks”
I appreciated the experience I had with the Hiscox's representative. He was very informative and thorough. He reviewed my policy and answered my questions to my satisfaction. I will be happy to recommend Hiscox's to anyone. Overall my experience was good!
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.