What kind of liability insurance do painters need?
If you are a painter, carpenter or contractor who handles interior painting in residential homes, commercial buildings, or both, business insurance can keep your business protected so that you can get the job done right. A wide variety of services that you as a painter regularly provide expose you to potential liability. These services include removing old wall coverings or disposing of lead-based paints. Painters can be sued due to damaging paint spills, slip-and-fall accidents, and even for making comments about clients after business hours.
For all of these reasons and many more, Hiscox provides insurance for painting businesses such as yours. At Hiscox, we understand these risks and customize painter insurance to fit the specific needs of your small business. Painting liability insurance can protect your assets by paying for losses and related legal fees and medical bills.
If painting is just one of several services that you provide, then you may also want to learn more about the other types of contractor insurance coverage that we offer:
Example professions we also insure
Policies available for painters
General Liability Insurance for Painters
One of the most important types of painting insurance to have as a small business is general liability insurance. General liability insurance, also known as commercial general liability (CGL), could protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. This type of insurance can cover the costs associated with accidental spills and injuries caused by materials or equipment left behind. When you know you are protected for potential lawsuits from bodily injury, property damage, or personal injury claims, you can perform better work and take on more projects to help your business succeed.
Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances, such as the following hypothetical scenarios that demonstrate why painters liability insurance is a smart idea.
- Bodily injury: While you are painting the interior of an elderly client’s home, she trips over one of your ladders and breaks her hip. You could be liable for the client’s medical costs, but a liability insurance for painters policy could cover those costs and protect your business.
Hiscox provides fast and free painting insurance quotes to help you plan ahead for accidents like this. Before you take on another job, request a quote or give us a call to ask any questions you might have.
- Property damage: While painting the interior walls of a home, paint spills and damages the carpet. The homeowner makes a claim against you for the cost to replace the carpet. A painter insurance policy could cover the costs associated with the damage to property.
Property damage is common in contracting businesses such as yours, and we offer industry-specific liability insurance that painting professionals need. With this protection, you can focus on growing your business and making it more profitable, rather than worrying about how to pay for unexpected expenses.
- Personal injury: One of the employees of your painting business is at lunch. He talks to the owner of the shop about one of your clients in a false and unflattering way. The client learns of this discussion and sues for slander. We could cover the subsequent claim, up to your general liability policy's limits of liability, and pay for an attorney to defend you if necessary.
Damaging comments that harm the reputation of another person can cost your business significantly. With a Hiscox painter insurance plan, you can ensure that accidents like this won’t drain your business.
Why do painters choose Hiscox?
Not only can liability insurance for painters give you peace of mind, but it will also help your clients feel more confident in hiring you and knowing that you are financially covered in case damage occurs. Hiscox is the insurance company of choice for painters all across the country because we know what it takes to insure this profession and are on your side through the ups and downs of running your business.
These are the top six reasons why painters like you choose Hiscox for all their painter liability insurance needs.
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our architects insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Are you ready to take the next step to protect your painting business? Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your painting business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Hiscox Customer Reviews
James, Alexandria, VA
“Hiscox is doing a good job.”
Hiscox has an easy to use system with clear pricing and straightforward instructions for how to follow up with a live person to answer any questions, and the prices are very competitive. My only objection is that there is limited ability to review or manage an existing policy through the online interface. Generally, the online management is a matter of submitting transactions and waiting for responses – which come quickly, but it’s less fluid than having a login model where policies can be reviewed at a glance.
Patrick, Sweeny, Texas
Bradley, Tucson, AZ
The agent that I spoke to was very helpful, It was a great experience. Also a real good price, thank you.
Michelle, Moreno Valley, CA
“Great service overall”
Aside from the fact that I had to call after filling out my online questionnaire. I feel the process was seamless and enjoyable. The representative I spoke with was friendly.
Sally, Brighton, Michigan
“Recommend this company to any other consultant!!”
I have rated this experience as excellent because agent was kind, knowledgeable and helped me immensely.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Specific coverage terms can vary by class of business. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.