Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for painters?
As a professional painter, you provide specialized services to your customers, so you face unique risks. At Hiscox, we understand these risks and customize painters insurance for your small business to fit your specific needs.
General Liability Insurance for Painters
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), could protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Bodily injury: While you are painting the interior of her home, your elderly client trips over one of your ladders and breaks her hip. You could be liable for medical costs, but your painters insurance policy could cover those costs, protecting your business.
- Property damage: While scraping the exterior of a home to ready it for painting, dozens of clapboards are damaged, and the homeowner makes a claim against you for the cost to replace the siding. A painters insurance policy could cover the costs associated with the damage to property, protecting your business.
- Personal injury: One of your employees is at lunch. He talks to the owner of the shop about one of your clients in a false and unflattering way. The client learns of this discussion and sues for slander. We could cover the subsequent claim, up to your general liability policy's limits of liability, and pay for an attorney to defend you if necessary.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why do painters choose Hiscox?
- Fast and simple: Online quotes or speak to a licensed agent – immediate coverage.
- Passion for Service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service – 4.7/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
- Coverage for contracts: Our professional liability coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is ‘A’ rated (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
- Tailored coverage: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your painting business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Thursday, Nov 22nd: CLOSED.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
James, Alexandria, VA
“Hiscox is doing a good job.”
Hiscox has an easy to use system with clear pricing and straightforward instructions for how to follow up with a live person to answer any questions, and the prices are very competitive. My only objection is that there is limited ability to review or manage an existing policy through the online interface. Generally, the online management is a matter of submitting transactions and waiting for responses – which come quickly, but it’s less fluid than having a login model where policies can be reviewed at a glance.
Patrick, Sweeny, Texas
Bradley, Tucson, AZ
The agent that I spoke to was very helpful, It was a great experience. Also a real good price, thank you.
Michelle, Moreno Valley, CA
“Great service overall”
Aside from the fact that I had to call after filling out my online questionnaire. I feel the process was seamless and enjoyable. The representative I spoke with was friendly.
Sally, Brighton, Michigan
“Recommend this company to any other consultant!!”
I have rated this experience as excellent because agent was kind, knowledgeable and helped me immensely.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Specific coverage terms can vary by class of business. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.