Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for plumbers?
As a plumber, you provide specialized services to your customers, so you face unique risks. At Hiscox, we understand these risks and customize plumbing insurance for your small business to fit your specific needs.
General Liability Insurance for Plumbers
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), could protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Bodily injury: You install a hot water heater, and the temperature control malfunctions. A person in the home is scalded, requiring medical attention for burns. The client claims you are responsible. You could be liable for medical costs, but your plumbing insurance policy could cover those costs, protecting your business.
- Property damage: While installing a new dishwasher in a customer’s recently upgraded kitchen, you drop a large wrench on the counter, damaging the new granite countertop. A plumbing insurance policy could cover the costs associated with the damage to property, protecting your business.
- Personal injury: One of your employees is at lunch. He talks to the owner of the shop about one of your clients in a false and unflattering way. The client learns of this discussion and sues for slander. We will cover the subsequent claim, up to your general liability policy's limits of liability, and pay for an attorney to defend you if necessary.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why do plumbers choose Hiscox?
- Buy Direct: Get the right insurance immediately. Hiscox offers business insurance coverage that can be bought directly and online in real time.
- Competitive Rates: Our small business insurance quotes start from $22.50 per month in most states.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
- Customized Coverage: We tailor our professional insurance to the risk you’ll face in your industry.
- Passion for Service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service – 4.7/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Moses, Idaho Falls, ID
“Friendly Approach and clear communication”
They were Friendly and Communicated clearly.
Guy, Bentonville, AR
“Professional caring service”
The agency was vary helpful , professional and well informed they gave me a good fair rate! As I'm just starting a company this was most important!
Philip, Manhattan, NY
“Would re-order Policy anytime again from this firm”
They were persistent in reminding me that I started a policy inquiry and needed to follow through with my purchase to be covered. They were attentive on ht phone and made the appropriate changes to my professional liability (E&O) insurance to be more profession/role specific than I had chosen originally. The rep was clear and thoughtful as well as knowledgeable and service-oriented. I would definitely use Hiscox again as well as suggest it in the future to colleagues and friends looking for similar or any type of general liability insurance from a small business perspective. Add this comment to the ITIL category: Continual Service Improvement- Not much needs to be done there - Kudo's Hiscox.
Pris, Grain Valley, MO
Easy and affordable
T Sakas, Atlanta, GA
A neighbor of mine works there; that's how I found out about them. The whole process was very straight forward. I tried at first to purchase what I needed on their website but found I had questions and called their customer service. I got through immediately and talked with someone who was very knowledgeable and helpful. He reviewed my online application with me and modified a few things that needed to be changed after our discussion. End to end process about 30 minutes. I had to call back about 10 minutes later to add a specific client organization to my policy. Once again, got through immediately and talked to someone who was equally knowledgeable and helpful.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.