Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
Who needs Plumbers Insurance?
By nature, plumbers are ready for just about anything – from fixing leaks to installing pipes and keeping homes and businesses running smoothly. However, running a plumbing business, or even just being an employee of one, comes with certain risks and liabilities. That is why liability insurance for plumbers is vital for keeping your business afloat and successful for many years to come.
As a plumber, you provide specialized services to your customers, which means you face unique risks on a daily basis. At Hiscox, we understand these risks and offer plumbing insurance that fits your specific needs. General liability insurance for plumbers may help protect your business from claims of bodily injury, property damage, and personal injury.
If plumbing is just one of many aspects of your home repair or commercial installation business, check out these other related types of insurance that we offer to protect industry professionals from risk.
Example professions we insure
General Liability Insurance for Plumbers
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), is recommended for plumbing professionals and may protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. These types of claims could arise if one of your customers is injured based on work that you have done in a residential home or commercial business. It could also come in handy if a client’s property is damaged by you or one of your employees during an installation job.
Here are some examples of what could go wrong and how it could be covered with liability insurance:
- Bodily injury: You install a hot water heater, and the temperature control malfunctions. A person in the home is scalded, requiring medical attention for burns. The client claims you are responsible. You could be on the hook for medical costs, but your plumbing insurance policy could cover those costs, protecting you and your business.
- Property damage: While installing a new sink, you neglected to properly tighten a connection and water leaks into your customer’s home overnight damaging their cabinets and new wood floors. A plumbing insurance policy could cover the costs associated with the property damage, thereby protecting your business.
- Personal injury: One of your employees is at lunch. He talks to the owner of the shop about one of your clients in a false and unflattering way. The client learns of this discussion and sues for slander. We will cover the subsequent claim, up to your general liability policy's limits of liability, and pay for an attorney to defend you if necessary.
Situations like the ones above are very unfortunate, but they do happen. See how Hiscox can help you protect your business by requesting an insurance quote.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why do Plumbers choose Hiscox?
- Easy to buy: Get the right plumbers insurance to meet your needs immediately and without wasting any time. Hiscox offers plumbers liability insurance coverage that can be bought directly online, in real time.
- Competitive rates: Our plumbers insurance rates start from $37.50 per month, in most states, with opportunity to further reduce your insurance premiums for utilizing good risk management practices.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
- Customized coverage: We tailor our insurance products to the risks that you face in your industry. We understand what it takes to insure professionals in the plumbing business and refuse to take a one-size-fits-all approach to our services and offerings.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your plumbing business concerns will provide you with excellent service – 4.7/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your plumbing business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Moses, Idaho Falls, ID
“Friendly Approach and clear communication”
They were Friendly and Communicated clearly.
Guy, Bentonville, AR
“Professional caring service”
The agency was vary helpful , professional and well informed they gave me a good fair rate! As I'm just starting a company this was most important!
Philip, Manhattan, NY
“Would re-order Policy anytime again from this firm”
They were persistent in reminding me that I started a policy inquiry and needed to follow through with my purchase to be covered. They were attentive on ht phone and made the appropriate changes to my professional liability (E&O) insurance to be more profession/role specific than I had chosen originally. The rep was clear and thoughtful as well as knowledgeable and service-oriented. I would definitely use Hiscox again as well as suggest it in the future to colleagues and friends looking for similar or any type of general liability insurance from a small business perspective. Add this comment to the ITIL category: Continual Service Improvement- Not much needs to be done there - Kudo's Hiscox.
Pris, Grain Valley, MO
Easy and affordable
T Sakas, Atlanta, GA
A neighbor of mine works there; that's how I found out about them. The whole process was very straight forward. I tried at first to purchase what I needed on their website but found I had questions and called their customer service. I got through immediately and talked with someone who was very knowledgeable and helpful. He reviewed my online application with me and modified a few things that needed to be changed after our discussion. End to end process about 30 minutes. I had to call back about 10 minutes later to add a specific client organization to my policy. Once again, got through immediately and talked to someone who was equally knowledgeable and helpful.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.