Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
Who Needs Construction Insurance?
As a construction professional, you face serious risks every day. A lot can go wrong at a job site even with safety precautions and protections in place.
At Hiscox, we understand the dangers inherent to your profession. We have worked with local general contractors and national construction companies to lower the total cost of risks and resolve catastrophic construction claims. Our talented team of industry underwriters specialize in the complex risks of construction, allowing them to keep your team safe and your business secure.
All businesses that work with building construction, heavy construction contractors, and specialty trade contractors can benefit from carrying construction insurance. Here are some of many contractor professions that we work with to provide insurance coverage:
General Liability Insurance for Construction Professionals
It is very important for construction businesses to have general liability insurance, which is sometimes referred to as Commercial General Liability Insurance or CGL. This type of insurance may protect your construction business from a person’s or business’s claims of bodily injury, personal injury, and/or property damage.
Having general liability coverage for your construction contracting business is beneficial in many instances. Here are a few hypothetical examples to demonstrate what we mean:
- Bodily injury: An elderly client trips over your worker's ladder at a job site. This causes the client to suffer from a spinal fracture and a concussion. Pending investigation, your construction company could be liable for the client’s medical costs. A Hiscox general liability insurance policy could cover those costs and protect your business.
With the skyrocketing costs of medical care these days, bodily injury claims can be extremely costly and put your business at serious risk. Get a general liability insurance quote for your construction business by calling us at 866-283-7545 or submitting your information online.
- Property damage: Your company is hired to install windows and doors in a client’s home as part of a renovation project. One of your installation professionals drops a door while carrying it, causing severe damage to a large section of antique flooring tiles. When you choose Hiscox, general liability insurance could cover the cost to repair the flooring tiles, door, and other related damage. Once again, your business may be protected.
Did you know that general liability insurance coverage from Hiscox is often as low as $29.17 per month? Our insurance products can be bought online or over the phone by calling one of our licensed agents.
- Personal injury: An employee who works for your construction company makes false and derogatory comments to another contractor about your client. This client overhears the comments and sues your company for slander. A Hiscox construction insurance policy may protect you from third-party claims and may even pay for an attorney to defend you, if necessary.
It’s never been easier to get a fast, free, and no-obligation quote, from Hiscox, for your construction business. Don’t wait for one of these situations to happen to you!
You can learn more about general liability insurance, here, including why you need it, coverage details, and cost examples. Being informed about your options and the specific risks that insurance can protect your construction business from is the first step to long-term success in this challenging and competitive industry.
Why Do Construction Professionals Choose Hiscox?
Hiscox has extensive experience with the construction industry, and we are passionate about keeping workers safe and businesses profitable. It is in your best interest to protect your construction contracting business from worksite accidents.
Need more proof? Here are some other reasons why construction professionals choose Hiscox to keep their businesses safe and protected.
- Passion for service: Agents are knowledgeable about construction risks and provide exceptional service – we’ve scored a 4.7/5 star rating with survey respondents.
- Coverage for contracts: Our professional liability coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements in the construction industry.
- Fast and simple: Get a quote online or speak to a licensed agent to get immediate coverage for your construction job sites.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is ‘A’ rated (Excellent) by A.M. Best and trusted by construction professionals across the country.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Gary, Oneonta, New York
“Hiscox is the best in the business!”
Excellent information and care shown by staff!
“Very straight forward process”
Very straight forward. Process was very easy. Policy options were very clearly explained.
Sharon, Portland, OR
“Try Hiscox first – best service and prices anywhere.”
The whole process was easy, quick and very professional. I had applied for the same coverage with two local companies and after filling out many pages of forms, the price was way too high. His cox kept it simple and your pricing is amazing.
Carolina, Palm Bay, FL
“Confident, I’m pleased”
Yes, they were clear and I feel that they know what they are doing, great job, thanks so much for prompt service
Yatin, New Jersey
“Quick and Easy Online Quotes”
Excellent quick online service. Great rates.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.