Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for construction professionals?
As a contractor, you provide specialized services to your customers, so you face unique risks. At Hiscox, we understand these risks and customize insurance for your construction business to fit your specific needs.
General Liability Insurance
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), could protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Bodily injury: An elderly client trips over your ladder, falling and breaking their arm. You could be liable for medical costs, but your general liability insurance policy could cover those costs, protecting your business.
- Property damage: A customer hires you to replace several interior doors in their antique home. While you are working on the job, your helper drops one of the doors and it lands on a collection of antique figurines, smashing several of them. A general liability insurance could cover the cost to replace the items, protecting your business.
- Personal injury: One of your employees is at lunch. He talks to the owner of the shop about one of your clients in a false and unflattering way. The client learns of this discussion and sues for slander. We will cover the subsequent claim, up to your general liability policy's limits of liability, and pay for an attorney to defend you if necessary.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why construction professionals choose Hiscox:
- Passion for service: Knowledgeable agents provide exceptional service – 4.8/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
- Coverage for contracts: Our professional liability coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Tailored coverage: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Fast and simple: Online quotes or speak to a licensed agent – immediate coverage.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is ‘A’ rated (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Gary, Oneonta, New York
“Hiscox is the best in the business!”
Excellent information and care shown by staff!
“Very straight forward process”
Very straight forward. Process was very easy. Policy options were very clearly explained.
Sharon, Portland, OR
“Try Hiscox first – best service and prices anywhere.”
The whole process was easy, quick and very professional. I had applied for the same coverage with two local companies and after filling out many pages of forms, the price was way too high. His cox kept it simple and your pricing is amazing.
Carolina, Palm Bay, FL
“Confident, I’m pleased”
Yes, they were clear and I feel that they know what they are doing, great job, thanks so much for prompt service
Yatin, New Jersey
“Quick and Easy Online Quotes”
Excellent quick online service. Great rates.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states