Who needs construction insurance?
As a construction professional, you face serious risks every day. A lot can go wrong at a job site even with safety precautions and protections in place.
At Hiscox, we understand the dangers inherent to your profession. We have worked with local general contractors and national construction companies to lower the total cost of risks and resolve catastrophic construction claims. Our talented team of industry underwriters specialize in the complex risks of construction, allowing them to keep your team safe and your business secure.
All businesses that work with building construction, heavy construction contractors, and specialty trade contractors can benefit from carrying construction insurance.
Example professions we insure
General Liability Insurance for construction professionals
It is very important for construction businesses to have general liability insurance, which is sometimes referred to as Commercial General Liability Insurance or CGL. This type of insurance may protect your construction business from a person’s or business’s claims of bodily injury, personal injury, and/or property damage.
Learn more about how much general liability insurance costs.
Having general liability coverage for your construction contracting business is beneficial in many instances. Here are a few hypothetical examples to demonstrate what we mean:
Why do construction professionals choose Hiscox?
Hiscox has extensive experience with the construction industry, and we are passionate about keeping workers safe and businesses profitable. It is in your best interest to protect your construction contracting business from worksite accidents.
Need more proof? Here are some other reasons why construction professionals choose Hiscox to keep their businesses safe and protected.
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our architects insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your construction business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.