If you have a question about web accessibility, feedback about our website or are having issues accessing any of the content please contact us or email us at: [email protected]
Hiscox is committed to ensuring our online products and services are accessible to everyone, regardless of their ability. Providing an accessible website has a positive effect on general usability and we believe that websites that are accessible and usable benefit everyone.
We are working with an agency to promote usability of and access to our website for everyone.
Hiscox will continue to review, test and modify our website and any future releases of the site, for web accessibility issues and aim to ensure that this is an ongoing commitment.
Web accessibility standards
We are aiming to design this site to conform to web accessibility guidelines. Some pages within the Broker section might have some accessibility related issues. We are actively working to move them into a format that will meet with the standards of the rest of our site.
We also try to ensure that:
- All images on our site contain appropriate alternate text
- Pages and images on this site are optimized to load quickly and smoothly
- All foreground and background colors are checked to ensure sufficient contrast, or given alternative text in the case of images
- Our content is written clearly, concisely, free of jargon and in plain English
- All pages use headings
- All "calls to action" are highlighted with icons and/or different color fonts or underlined
- Symbols (e.g. >) are used in context and for their semantic use
- Consistent navigation and page layouts are used
- All forms are navigable using a keyboard
- We include submit buttons on all forms
- We use cascading style sheets to control layout and presentation
- Web accessibility initiative – how to change text sizes or colors >
- Understanding accessibility – what is Web Accessibility? >
- W3C accessibility initiative – what is the W3C initiative? >
- Microsoft – accessibility support center >
- Internet Explorer – help and guidance >
- Google Chrome – help and support >
- Apple Safari – help and support >
- Netscape – help center >
- Mozilla Firefox – help and tutorials >