Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What is Business Owners Policy?
Business Owners Policy (BOP) is enhanced insurance that combines general liability insurance and property insurance.
Many small business owners mistakenly believe that if they have general liability insurance, their own losses are covered as well as the losses of their customers. But a general liability policy does not protect you when it comes to your OWN property. If you want to protect your own property consider buying Business Owners Policy (BOP).
What Does a Business Owners Policy Cover?
- General liability insurance which protects your business from another person or business’ claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and damage to their property.
- Property liability insurance - your business furniture and equipment at up to five different office locations, which includes accidental damage.
You should consider a business owners policy if you:
- Need general liability insurance coverage.
- Have business equipment such as computers, printers and furniture.
- Own the building at which you work and need to insure the property.
- Own and work with large amounts of data on a regular basis.
- Have employees who could act dishonestly or steal clients' property.
Customize your Business Owner Policy (BOP)
Depending upon the specific needs of your business, you can customize your BOP policy by choosing options such as:
- Office insurance for fire and business interruption
- Electronic data loss insurance
- Hired or non-owned vehicle liability insurance
- Commercial crime insurance to cover the dishonesty of your employees
What Business Owners Policy (BOP) does NOT Cover
To get professional services you can choose to buy a professional liability insurance policy in addition to Business Owners Policy.
- Certain claims, including those arising from professional services you perform.
- Client damages if you provide inaccurate or incomplete advice to a client.
Example professions we insure:
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Gary, Whatcom County, WA
"Great interactions, very professional and great desire to answer any questions." I used both the internet and the phone to ask questions, all of which were handled well with people who knew the product and billing questions. Life was simple once I found them to get my practice up and running."
Mel Stout, Bend, OR
"Satisfied customer. Representatives were very helpful and easy to work with."
"Just what I needed. It was quick and easy, all over the phone. I received a post card in the mail a few days after registering an LLC for my freelance photography business with the state and local government. I called and they had exactly what I needed. I would definitely recommend the company."
"Very easy and clear. Not difficult in any way to edit and revise my plan before purchase. It was affordable and covered everything I need for my small business."
Glen, Phoenix, AZ
"Top notch experience. I had a very positive experience - needed professional liability coverage quickly and was first time buying. Hiscox staff were knowledgeable, professional, ethical - not trying to sell me more than I needed, and I got the coverage I needed within 24 hours."
HEM Communications, Inc., Fontana, California
"Great fast service.it was a straightforward transaction, very easy to use interface, fast processing and I got my policy within 15 minutes. I definitely would recommend Hiscox Insurance to other business owners."
George, Norcross, Georgia
"A great insurance agency for small, medium and large business. Friendly customer service and great business insurance solutions."
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Specific coverage terms can vary by class of business. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.