Insurance for marketing and advertising consultants
What kind of insurance is best for marketing consultants?
As a marketing/advertising consultant you help your clients make the most of their opportunities and in doing so you face specific risks. At Hiscox we offer customized consultant insurance for marketing professionals to fit your business needs.
Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services – for businesses like yours. When is it important to have professional liability insurance? Examples include:
- Inaccurate market research: A market researcher has been contracted to analyze a segment of your client's customer demographics and the data being used is out of date, causing an inaccurate depiction of the demographic. The client may make a claim against the market researcher for negligence regarding the failure to fully deliver the services agreed upon. Professional liability insurance could protect you if such a claim is made.
- Dissatisfied client: A market researcher has been hired to increase sales, but their strategy was not successful and sales actually decreased. The client could make a claim for failure to deliver the services promised. Professional liability insurance may protect against claims of negligence even if a mistake hasn't been made.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), could protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Bodily injury: At a media event being held at a consultant’s office, a journalist had too much to drink and stumbled into a table, knocking it over, breaking several glasses and injuring himself. He brought a claim for his injuries against the consultant. General liability insurance protects media consultants against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
- Property damage: A market research consultant was giving a presentation at a client’s site. During the presentation, he knocked an expensive projector off the conference table, breaking it. The client made a claim to recover the cost of the projector. General liability insurance protects market research consultants against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
- Slander: An employee at a marketing consulting firm went to a bar after work. After a few drinks, he began talking loudly about an executive at a client company. The comments were overheard by associates of the executive, so word got back to the executive, who sued the consulting company for slander. General liability insurance protects marketing consultants against third-party claims of defamation and slander, property damage, and associated medical costs.
Learn more about general liability insurance costs for your business.
Business owners policy (BOP) is a combination of general liability and business property insurance. BOP is often used to provide balanced coverage for small businesses who also want to protect their own business equipment. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- A marketing consultant owns a large database of business contacts which they rent to clients. The consultant’s hard drive fails and some of the data is corrupted. A business owner’s policy could protect the consultant by covering the costs to recover the data.
- A marketing consultant has an office in their home. The office is broken into and several computers are stolen. The consultant’s business owner’s policy could cover the cost to replace the computers.
Learn more about business owners policy.
Why do marketing consultants choose Hiscox?
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our architects insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.