Insurance for marketing professionals
Who needs marketing professionals insurance?
Marketing professionals insurance is designed specifically for the needs of entrepreneurs whose businesses focus on branding, media planning, public relations, search engine optimization and other marketing specialties aimed at generating demand for a client’s products or services. The need for marketing professionals insurance is universal whether the marketing business is run out of a traditional office, a home office, a coworking space, or a coffee shop, though specific hazards may vary depending on business location.
If you are a marketing professional building your own company or maintaining a freelance career, a comprehensive liability insurance plan can help protect you from unexpected fiscal setbacks due to legal action taken against you. Insurance for marketing specialists typically covers claims related to professional service complaints, bodily injury, property damage, and slander – all regular issues in a profession where every deliverable has countless moving parts. If you’re the owner of a marketing agency looking to grow your business, liability insurance can be a powerful catalyst in enabling you to take the risks necessary to expand your client base and your service offerings.
Read on to learn more about the customized solutions Hiscox can offer those seeking marketing liability insurance.
Example professions we also insure
Policies available for marketing professionals
Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional services – for marketing businesses like yours.
When is it important to have professional liability insurance? Let’s look at a few industry-specific examples:
- Copyright dispute: A graphic designer in your employment uses an image in his ad design without checking to see if the image is protected by copyright. When the ad goes to print, its rightful owner threatens your firm with a lawsuit for copyright infringement.
- Dissatisfied client: A client authorizes you to use $25,000 of their budget for a new digital ad campaign. You accidentally run the ad using the wrong copy. The client is upset and demands that you pay for the ad spend as well as the estimated sales loss from the campaign.
We’re here to help guide small businesses through the insurance process. Learn more about professional liability insurance on our website or by calling us with any questions about insurance for marketing consultants.
General Liability Insurance for marketing professionals
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), could protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property.
Here are a few real-world examples to illustrate why coverage is essential:
- Bodily injury: At a media event being held at a consultant’s office, a journalist has too much to drink and stumbles into a table, knocking it over, breaking several glasses and injuring himself. He decides to bring a claim for his injuries against the consultant. General liability insurance may protect marketing consultants against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
- Property damage: A market research consultant is giving a presentation at a client’s site. During the presentation he knocks an expensive projector off the conference table, breaking it. The client makes a claim to recover the cost of the projector. General liability insurance may protect marketing professionals against third-party claims of property damage.
Despite good intentions and employee training, accidents are often unavoidable. At Hiscox, our general liability insurance for marketing professionals includes coverage for these unplanned risks.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Business Owners Policy (BOP) for marketing professionals
Business owners policy (BOP) is a combination of general liability and business property insurance. BOP is often used to provide balanced coverage for small businesses who also want to protect their own business equipment. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
Some real-word examples of coverage for professionals in the marketing industry include:
- Data loss: A PR, advertising, or communications professional owns a large database of business contacts which he rents to clients. While a client is at work, her hard drive fails, corrupting some of the data. A business owners policy may protect the consultant by covering the costs to recover the data.
- Property theft: A marketing consultant is away when her home office is broken into and several computers are stolen. The consultant’s business owners policy may cover the cost to replace the computers.
Protect the equipment and tools that you need to do your job right with Hiscox BOP insurance.
Learn more about business owners policy options or give us a call.
Why do marketing professionals choose Hiscox?
Marketing professionals and small business owners trust Hiscox for professional liability, general liability, and BOP policies because we understand the unique needs of running small businesses.
- Fast and simple: Online insurance quotes or speak to a licensed agent – immediate coverage. This means no waiting around or wondering whether your business is protected.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your specific business concerns will provide you with excellent service – 4.7/5 of people surveyed recommended us. Read the customer reviews on our website to learn more.
- Coverage for contracts: Our professional liability coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is ‘A’ rated (Excellent) by A.M. Best. You’ll feel confident knowing your business is covered every day.
- Tailored coverage: We specialize in marketing businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your marketing business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.