Insurance for Marketing Professionals
Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for marketing professionals?
Hiscox offers customized insurance for marketing professionals, including freelancers working from home. Below are some examples of marketing professions we insure including (but not limited to):
- Marketing/Advertising consultants
- Graphic designers
- Web designers
- Brand consultants
- Media planners
- PR consultants
- Market research professionals
- Creative planners
- Direct marketing professionals
- Online marketing specialists
Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services – for businesses like yours. When is it important to have professional liability insurance? Examples include:
- Negligence: A media consultant working on an ad campaign for a new product placed ads in several print trade publications. The largest of the publication placed the ad on a page directly opposite a competitor’s ad for a similar product. The client sued the media consultant for negligence. Professional liability insurance can protect media consultants against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if needed, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
- Dissatisfied client: A restaurant hired a public relations consultant to publicize the grand opening of their restaurant. Despite the consultant’s best efforts to increase publicity for the opening, and partly due to bad weather, the opening was poorly attended. The owner of the restaurant sued the consultant, alleging that he did not do his job. Professional liability insurance could protect public relations consultants against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if needed, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), could protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Third-party accidental bodily injury: A consultant met with a client at the consultant’s office on a winter day to discuss a potential project. Upon leaving the office, the client slipped and fell on the icy sidewalk outside the consultant’s office. The client sued for bodily injury. General liability insurance could protect research consultants against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
- Personal injury: An employee at an advertising consulting firm went to a bar after work. After a few drinks, he began talking loudly about an executive at a client company. The comments were overheard by associates of the executive, so word got back to the executive, who sued the consulting company for slander. General liability insurance could protect management consultants against third-party claims of defamation and slander, property damage, and associated medical costs.
- Property damage: A creative planner was giving a presentation at a client’s site. During the presentation, he knocked an expensive projector off the conference table, breaking it. The client made a claim to recover the cost of the projector. General liability insurance could protect against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Business owners policy (BOP) is a combination of general liability and business property insurance. BOP is often used to provide balanced coverage for small businesses who also want to protect their own business equipment. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- A marketing company has several sophisticated trade show booths that they transport to various locations around the country. Two of the booths are severely damaged while being flown back from a show. The company’s business owner’s policy could cover the cost to replace the booths.
- A PR consultant leaves a laptop at a job site overnight, and it is stolen. A business owner’s policy could cover the cost the replace the stolen laptop, keeping the consultant in business.
Learn more about business owners policy.
Why marketing professionals choose Hiscox:
- Passion for Service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service – 4.8/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
- Customized Coverage: We tailor our professional insurance to the risk you’ll face in your industry.
- Tailored coverage: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Bonnie, Stuart, FL
Quick friendly informative
Raymond, Carlsbad, CA
Excellent. I talked with a rep on the telephone, she explained everything clearly and articulately. While I purchased two policies, I did not feel I was being sold to. If felt like the rep helped me learn my way into purchasing ... the policies best for my business. I thanked her for her help.
Fred, Okawville, IL
“Easy, quick, and affordable insurance”
Very easy. Chat help was excellent. Had the policy in very little time
Steve, High Point, NC
“Great service highly recommended.”
Friendly, detailed and quick.
Nelson, Plainfield, NJ
“Good price for the insurance policy, easy and quick transaction, fast insurance certificate by email. Very satisfied”
Eric, Redding, CA
“Very helpful, and good pricing.”
Very helpful, and good pricing
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.