Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for retail professionals?
As a retail professional you offer a specialized service to your customers. In doing so you face unique risks in your business. Hiscox understands these risks and customizes coverage for retail professionals to fit your specific business needs.
General Liability Insurance
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), could protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Bodily injury: A customer trips over a rug while walking in your store and you are legally liable for the injury. We will cover the subsequent claim and related medical expenses up to your limits of liability.
- Property damage and data loss: One of your employees is at lunch. He talks to the owner of the shop about one of your clients in a false and unflattering way. The client learns of this discussion and sues for slander. We will cover the subsequent claim, up to your limits of liability, and pay for an attorney to defend you if necessary.
- Personal injury: A client is on her way to her car in the parking lot of your building and trips on the front steps injuring herself. General liability insurance protects you against third-party claims for bodily injury, to the extent you are liable, and related medical costs.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why retail professionals choose Hiscox:
- Coverage for contracts: Our professional liability coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Buy Direct: Get the right insurance immediately. Hiscox offers business insurance coverage that can be bought directly and online in real time.
- Fast and simple: Online quotes or speak to a licensed agent – immediate coverage.
- Passion for Service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service – 4.8/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your retail business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Allen, Daytona Beach, FL
Great and really helpful
John, Sacramento, CA
“First time customer, prices seemed fair, customer service very helpful” Very good, first time I’ve purchased one, so I don’t have anything to compare it with, but everything went smoothly.
Diana, Houston, TX
“Wonderful experience. God rates!”
Great! Very responsive! Great customer service.
The website was easy to use. I liked the ease of viewing pricing information for the various products.
John, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
“Superb online option for an online world!”
Loved it. Simple. Easy. Clear. And fast. What more can you ask for? Seriously, it was much easier and far faster than I expected and it helped me meet the requirements of a client's Master Service Agreement in record time.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.