Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
Who needs jewelers insurance?
Jewelers who own storefronts and who sell, repair, and appraise the value of new and old jewelry, should have general liability insurance to protect themselves in the event of an injury to a non-employee or damage to someone else’s property. This is particularly true for jewelers who work privately or own a small business.
Related professions we also insure
Insurance policy available for jewelers
For most jewelers who own storefronts, they should consider general liability insurance.
General liability insurance for jewlery stores
General Liability—sometimes called commercial general liability (CGL)—covers jewelry store owners when claims of property damage or claims of bodily injury occur on store premises.
For example, suppose a customer came into a jeweler’s store looking for an engagement ring on a rainy day. After entering the jewelry showcase room, he slipped and rolled his ankle. The jeweler’s general liability insurance policy would cover the costs associated with the customer’s injuries, including lost wages.
Why do jewelers choose Hiscox?
At Hiscox, we understand just how much work goes into being a jeweler. Whether you've opened your own business or are working as a jeweler in a different capacity, we can help you grow your career by reducing risk with our insurance policies, allowing you to focus on what really matters—providing exceptional services to your clients.
Here are six reasons why jewelers choose Hiscox above other providers for professional liability insurance and general liability insurance:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our architects insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Ready to learn more about how Hiscox insurance can help mitigate risk with jewelry store insurance coverage? Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you have questions, call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Richard, Atlanta, GA
Fast accurate painless
Matthew, Naperville, IL
“Easy to signup at Hiscox!”
Purchase experience was very easy.
Benjamin, Wayne, PA
“Great customer support and advice”
Your people have been great – so knowledgeable and helpful. Exceeded my expectations.
Sharon, Portland, OR
“Try Hiscox first – best service and prices anywhere.”
The whole process was easy, quick and very professional. I had applied for the same coverage with two local companies and after filling out many pages of forms, the price was way too high. His cox kept it simple and your pricing is amazing.
Donnell, Las Vegas, NV
The rep was pleasant and assuring. My purchase was expedited efficiently!
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.