Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for handymen?
As a handyman, you provide specialized services to your customers, so you face unique risks. At Hiscox, we understand these risks and customize insurance for your handyman business to fit your specific needs.
General Liability Insurance
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), could protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Bodily injury: An elderly client trips over your ladder, falling and breaking their arm. You could be liable for medical costs, but your handyman insurance policy could cover those costs, protecting your business.
- Property damage: A customer hires you to replace several interior doors in their antique home. While you are working on the job, your helper drops one of the doors and it lands on a collection of antique figurines, smashing several of them. A handyman liability insurance could cover the cost to replace the items, protecting your business.
- Personal injury: One of your employees is at lunch. He talks to the owner of the shop about one of your clients in a false and unflattering way. The client learns of this discussion and sues for slander. We will cover the subsequent claim, up to your general liability policy's limits of liability, and pay for an attorney to defend you if necessary.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why handymen choose Hiscox:
- Tailored coverage: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Passion for service: Knowledgeable agents provide exceptional service – 4.8/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
- Coverage for contracts: Our professional liability coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Fast and simple: Online quotes or speak to a licensed agent – immediate coverage.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is ‘A’ rated (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
They were very helpful and knowledgeable. I was able to get my certificates to our client that same day.
James, Hagerstown, MD
“Easy online availability”
Simple fast coverage online.
Suzanne, Phoenix, AZ
So easy to work with! Very polite and professional.
Daniel, Homestead, FL
“Highly recommended for anyone owning a small business.”
I gave Hiscox five stars for their very user friendly web site; their professionalism, availability, and reasonable costs.
Susan, Los Angeles, CA
“Great customer service”
I was impressed with the customer service that was personalized to my needs and efficient
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Specific coverage terms can vary by class of business. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.