Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
Who needs handyman insurance?
A handyman may face a customer’s claims of bodily injury, property damage, or personal injury. Not only can these types of claims tarnish an established professional reputation, but they can be financially devastating to a small business. As a business providing specialized services to your customers, you face unique risks. At Hiscox, we understand these risks and customize handyman liability insurance quotes to fit your specific needs.
Because of the wide range of services you provide to your clients, it’s important to review other relevant coverage packages.
Example professions we also insure
Handyman Policies Available
General Liability Insurance for Handymen
General liability insurance, sometimes called commercial general liability (CGL), could protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, personal injury, and damage to property. This coverage is useful for service providers performing repairs and maintenance in residential homes or commercial businesses. Having a reliable handyman insurance policy from Hiscox gives small business owners, like you, peace of mind to do the work at which you are skilled.
Here are a few examples of how general liability insurance can protect your business:
- Bodily injury: An elderly client trips over your ladder, falling and breaking his arm. You could be liable for medical costs, but a general insurance policy could cover those costs.
- Property damage: A customer hires you to replace several interior doors in her home. While you are working on the job, your colleague drops one of the doors and it smashes a collection of antique figurines. A handyman liability insurance policy could cover the cost to replace the items.
- Personal injury: While at lunch, one of your employees talks to the owner of the shop about a client in a false and unflattering way. The client learns of this discussion and sues for slander. We may cover the subsequent claim, up to your policy's limits of liability, and pay for an attorney to defend you if necessary.
These are just a few of the many reasons why insurance for handymen is so essential in today’s litigious world. Arm yourself for worst-case scenarios with Hiscox by your side. Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why do handymen choose Hiscox?
Tailored coverage: We specialize in unique businesses and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Passion for service: Knowledgeable agents provide exceptional service – 4.7/5 of people surveyed recommended us. These are small business owners like you who are helping the customers they care about and making a living by doing what they love.
- Coverage for contracts: Our handyman professional liability coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements. We’ll take care of the details so you can focus on doing your job.
- Fast and simple: Get online quotes or speak to a licensed agent – immediate coverage. We make it easy and convenient to learn about business insurance online so you can make the best decision for you.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is ‘A’ rated (Excellent) by A.M. Best. Hiscox inspires confidence and empowers handymen to reach their potential.
Professionals of various backgrounds all over the country trust Hiscox for their handyman liability insurance needs. This is because Hiscox takes the time to understand what goes into this profession day-to-day and where the greatest opportunities for risk lie. It is our job to protect you from those risks with fast and free insurance quotes, top-notch customer service, and coverage that will help you do your job better.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your handyman business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Hiscox Customer Reviews
They were very helpful and knowledgeable. I was able to get my certificates to our client that same day.
James, Hagerstown, MD
“Easy online availability”
Simple fast coverage online.
Suzanne, Phoenix, AZ
So easy to work with! Very polite and professional.
Daniel, Homestead, FL
“Highly recommended for anyone owning a small business.”
I gave Hiscox five stars for their very user friendly web site; their professionalism, availability, and reasonable costs.
Susan, Los Angeles, CA
“Great customer service”
I was impressed with the customer service that was personalized to my needs and efficient
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Specific coverage terms can vary by class of business. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.