Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for electricians?
As an electrician, you provide specialized services to your customers, so you face unique risks. At Hiscox, we understand these risks and customize electrician insurance for your electrical contracting business to fit your specific needs.
General Liability Insurance
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), could protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Bodily injury: While re-wiring an office space, you need to access the wiring to the adjacent space which is occupied. Despite your warnings, someone in the occupied office trips and falls over your equipment . Your electrician insurance will protect your company by covering the costs associated with the person’s injuries.
- Property damage: While installing new electrical wiring in an existing home, your apprentice damages an expensive piece of the customer’s furniture. Electrician insurance will cover the subsequent claim up to your general liability policy's limits of liability.
- Personal injury: One of your employees is at lunch. He talks to the owner of the shop about one of your clients in a false and unflattering way. The client learns of this discussion and sues for slander. We will cover the subsequent claim, up to your general liability policy's limits of liability, and pay for an attorney to defend you if necessary.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why electricians choose Hiscox:
- Buy Direct: Get the right insurance immediately. Hiscox offers business insurance coverage that can be bought directly and online in real time.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
- Customized Coverage: We tailor our professional insurance to the risk you’ll face in your industry.
- Competitive Rates: Our small business insurance quotes start from $22.50 per month in most states.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Fast accurate painless
Lance, Midlothian, TX
Great coverage and pricing, fast.
Matthew, Naperville, IL
“Easy to signup at Hiscox!”
Purchase experience was very easy.
Denis, Las Vegas, NV
“Affordable coverage and easy, too!”
Fast and easy to use. I had a Hiscox policy before and I enjoyed using their services. Their customer service is excellent and helpful.
Karen, Minneapolis, MN
I thought the system was super easy to use. I had to call for assistance and the Hiscox rep was very helpful, knowledgeable and very pleasant to speak to.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Specific coverage terms can vary by class of business. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.