Who needs Electrician Insurance?
Electrician’s insurance provides protection for other types of risks that are commonly faced, such as another person’s claims of bodily injury, personal injury, or property damage. Clients who hire you to do electrical work could sue you for slip-and-fall accidents, home damage, or even slander. This is where Hiscox can step in to help with liability insurance for electricians.
At Hiscox, we understand these risks and customize electrician insurance to fit your specific needs. Electrician’s insurance gives you the confidence you need to perform work while being protected across a spectrum of potential suits against you or your business.
Since electricians often provide additional services to their clients, review the other types of related insurance that we also provide.
Example professions we insure
General Liability Insurance for Electricians
General liability insurance - sometimes called commercial general liability (CGL)--could protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily and personal injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. It’s important to think about the potential situations that could arise from performing electrical work in a client’s home or business.
While the majority of your jobs will go smoothly and without any issues, getting electrician’s insurance now can prevent headaches and hassles down the road.
- Bodily injury: While re-wiring an office space, you need to access the wiring in the adjacent office. Despite your warnings, someone in the other office trips and falls over your equipment. Your electrician insurance will protect your business for the costs associated with a covered claim for the person’s injuries, up to the policy’s limits of liability.
- Property damage: While drilling into a wall to install a new outlet for a customer, you accidentally hit an existing wire in the wall which sparks a small fire which damages the customer’s house. Electrician insurance could cover the subsequent claim up to your general liability policy's limits of liability.
- Personal injury: One of your employees is at lunch. He talks to the owner of the shop about one of your clients in a false and unflattering way. The client learns of this discussion and sues for slander. We may cover the subsequent claim, up to your general liability policy's limits of liability, and pay for an attorney to defend you if necessary.
Situations like the above are very unfortunate, but they do happen. See how Hiscox can protect you and your business by requesting an insurance quote.
Learn more about general liability insurance costs for your business.
Why do Electricians choose Hiscox?
Electricians who work in a wide variety of settings and specialize in performing different electrical tasks trust Hiscox with their insurance needs. When you work with Hiscox, we make sure your electrician’s insurance is streamlined, empowering, and a smart investment in your business’s financial future. Here are the top four reasons why electricians choose us for all of their electrician’s insurance needs:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our architects insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your electrician business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET. We look forward to providing you with additional information about electrician’s liability insurance and answering any questions that you may have about the policy documents, claims coverage, and overall protection for your electrician business.
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Fast accurate painless
Lance, Midlothian, TX
Great coverage and pricing, fast.
Matthew, Naperville, IL
“Easy to signup at Hiscox!”
Purchase experience was very easy.
Denis, Las Vegas, NV
“Affordable coverage and easy, too!”
Fast and easy to use. I had a Hiscox policy before and I enjoyed using their services. Their customer service is excellent and helpful.
Karen, Minneapolis, MN
I thought the system was super easy to use. I had to call for assistance and the Hiscox rep was very helpful, knowledgeable and very pleasant to speak to.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Specific coverage terms can vary by class of business. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.