Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for HVAC contractors?
As an HVAC contractor, you provide specialized services to your customers, so you face unique risks. At Hiscox, we understand these risks and offer customized HVAC insurance for your small business to fit your specific needs.
General Liability Insurance
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), could protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Bodily injury: While you are installing a central air conditioning system, one of the clients trips and falls over a piece of your equipment, breaking their arm. You could be liable for medical costs, but your HVAC insurance policy could cover those costs, protecting your business.
- Property damage: As you are working in a client’s attic to install a new air conditioner, you accidentally damage an antique table. An HVAC insurance policy could cover the cost to repair or replace the table, protecting your business.
- Personal injury: One of your employees is at lunch. He talks to the owner of the shop about one of your clients in a false and unflattering way. The client learns of this discussion and sues for slander. We will cover the subsequent claim, up to your general liability policy's limits of liability, and pay for an attorney to defend you if necessary.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why HVAC contractors choose Hiscox:
- Buy Direct: Get the right insurance immediately. Hiscox offers business insurance coverage that can be bought directly and online in real time.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
- Customized Coverage: We tailor our professional insurance to the risk you’ll face in your industry.
- Passion for Service: Agents knowledgeable about business concerns will provide you with excellent service – 4.8/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
- Competitive Rates: Our small business insurance quotes start from $22.50 per month in most states.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Jose, Tampa, FL
Great customer service they did everything to get me the best price possible
David, Winston Salem, NC
Attention to details, attention and focus on me and my needs; very responsive
Malcolm, San Diego, CA
The process was quick and painless. I spoke with a company rep who was very helpful, answered my questions, and didn't pressure me to make a sale. He referred me back to the online application process, and everything went through with no problems.
Jeremy, Rochester, NY
“I’ll be using you again, and will recommend you to others.”
The Hiscox website was easy to navigate, easy to understand and sublimely straight forward in guiding the user to the right choices.
Benjamin, Wayne, PA
“Great customer support and advice”
Your people have been great – so knowledgeable and helpful. Exceeded my expectations.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Specific coverage terms can vary by class of business. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.