Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
Who needs HVAC Contractor Insurance?
As a HVAC contractor, you are in high demand when a heater or air conditioner breaks down on uncomfortably cold or hot days. But, though you’re used to dealing with other people’s emergencies, clients can throw some unexpected emergencies your way too if you’re not protected with a quality insurance plan when accidental property damage or bodily injuries occur.
At Hiscox, we understand the risks associated with being a HVAC contractor and offer HVAC insurance for your small business. There is a significant amount of liability exposure involved in keeping customers’ homes warm, cool, and free of excess water and dangerous gas. Not only can this job cause injury to HVAC employees, but residential and business customers can become injured and property can become damaged, potentially resulting in costly lawsuits.
These are some of the related types of insurance we offer to protect industry professionals from risk.
Example professions we insure
Insurance policies available
General liability insurance for HVAC contractors
At a minimum, every HVAC contractor should be protected with general liability insurance, which is sometimes called Commercial General Liability or CGL. This type of insurance could help pay for injuries sustained at job sites, property damage, HVAC installation problems, and moisture damage. CGL may ultimately protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. It may also cover your HVAC company’s legal expenses if a customer sues you for damages and repair costs.
Having this general liability insurance coverage is beneficial for HVAC professionals in a variety of circumstances. Here are a few examples:
- Bodily injury: While you are installing a central air conditioning system, the homeowner trips and falls over a piece of your equipment. This accident results in the homeowner breaking his arm and spraining an ankle. You may be liable for the homeowner’s medical costs, but your Hiscox HVAC insurance policy could cover those costs and protect your business from suffering a huge financial blow.
The cost of a customer’s medical care could be much higher than you expect. With a Hiscox insurance plan, you can save on business insurance costs and reduce your insurance premiums.
- Property damage: You install an HVAC system in a customer’s home but the ventilation is not adequate for preventing moisture buildup on the walls. The customer is infuriated and sues you for damaging her home. An HVAC insurance policy could cover the cost to make the necessary repairs and protect your business from huge, unforeseen costs.
Whether you do installation work or handle repairs, the HVAC industry lends itself to a wide range of property damage risks. This is why it’s so important to choose a custom-tailored insurance plan that may cover things like prevention of mold in water lines, installation of radiant floor heating, and other specialized services you perform.
- Personal injury: One of your company’s HVAC contractors goes to lunch and begins complaining loudly about a customer, making false claims about the customer’s behavior while onsite to complete a job. Someone else at the restaurant personally knows the customer and relays the information back to the her. Now, the customer is suing your HVAC company for slander. Hiscox may cover the subsequent claim, up to your general liability policy's limits of liability, and may even pay for an attorney to defend you.
For peace of mind, get a fast and free quote from Hiscox.
To learn more about general liability insurance and why it’s essential for your HVAC business, click here. In addition to general liability coverage, many HVAC professionals also choose to protect themselves with a business owner’s policy, which may combine property insurance with general liability, workers compensation insurance, and commercial auto insurance for trips out to business and residential customers.
Why do HVAC Contractors choose Hiscox?
If you’re working with heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration, you may need insurance to stay legally licensed and meet the requirements of your clients. The cost varies depending on the size and type of your business and various risk factors, but we offer you the opportunity to take advantage of lower premiums and risk management rewards for following good business practices.
These are some of the top reasons why HVAC contractors choose to work with us for their insurance needs:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our architects insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your HVAC business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Jose, Tampa, FL
Great customer service they did everything to get me the best price possible
David, Winston Salem, NC
Attention to details, attention and focus on me and my needs; very responsive
Malcolm, San Diego, CA
The process was quick and painless. I spoke with a company rep who was very helpful, answered my questions, and didn't pressure me to make a sale. He referred me back to the online application process, and everything went through with no problems.
Jeremy, Rochester, NY
“I’ll be using you again, and will recommend you to others.”
The Hiscox website was easy to navigate, easy to understand and sublimely straight forward in guiding the user to the right choices.
Benjamin, Wayne, PA
“Great customer support and advice”
Your people have been great – so knowledgeable and helpful. Exceeded my expectations.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Specific coverage terms can vary by class of business. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.