Who Needs Carpenter Insurance?
Whether you’re building houses, cabinets, or something entirely different, there are unique risks that affect professionals in the carpentry industry. Along with proper safety precautions and good training, one of the best ways that carpenters can protect themselves is by having carpenter insurance. At Hiscox, we understand what it takes to work in the carpentry industry, and the large and small risks involved. Securing reliable general liability insurance should be at the top of every professional carpenter’s priority list.
Since carpenters often perform a wide variety of tasks as part of their jobs, here are some of the related insurance types we offer building professionals:
General Liability Insurance for Carpenters
Most carpenters may benefit from having General Liability Insurance, one of many types of insurance that Hiscox offers. Sometimes general liability insurance is called Commercial General Liability Insurance (CGL). For carpenters, general liability insurance could protect your carpentry business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, relevant medical costs, and property damage. Having this type of coverage is beneficial for carpenters in hypothetical instances like these:
- Bodily Injury: You are building new shelves in a client's closet. You leave your drill out while taking measurements and the client trips over it and falls, breaking their wrist. A general liability insurance policy for carpenters may cover the client’s medical costs and protect you if they take legal action.
Even if you’ve been in business for many years, it’s never too late to get a carpentry insurance quote.
- Property Damage and Data Loss: You are hanging some cabinets for a client's kitchen remodel. When drilling into the wall you accidentally hit a pipe that leaks and floods the kitchen and the client decides to file a claim against you for the damage to their property. Your Hiscox insurance policy may cover the claim and allow you to complete the job on schedule.
Hiscox specializes in providing insurance for small businesses like yours in being prepared for accidents that can happen in the carpentry business.
- Personal Injury: One of your employees that works at your carpentry business is at lunch. He talks to the owner of a nearby shop about one of your clients in a false and unflattering way. The client learns of this discussion and files a lawsuit against your business for slander. Hiscox may be able to cover the subsequent claim, up to your general liability policy's limits of liability, and in some cases pay for an attorney to defend you.
Professional carpenters can speak with a licensed Hiscox agent by going online or calling 866-283-7545.
Why Do Carpenters Choose Hiscox?
Carpenters who work on a wide variety of projects in many different regions trust Hiscox to help them plan ahead for incidents and save on business insurance costs. Small businesses are our specialty, and we’d love to help you make yours more secure and prepared. Here are some of the reasons why carpenters trust Hiscox with their insurance needs:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our architects insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your carpentry business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Kevin, Cocoa Beach, Florida
"It was refreshing to talk to a person from the very first phone call - No pressing numbers or talking to a computer!"
Great. It was refreshing to talk to a person from the very first phone call.
Sean, Casselberry, Florida
The quoting and purchasing process were the easiest I've ever encountered, and definitely will be referring in the future.
Boncel, Virginia Beach, Virginia
"I will tell everyone to use your service especially call for Ms Smith"
The young lady Kacherie was great very knowledgeable
Kathiravan Jegadeesan, Houston, Texas
"Easy and simple to do it online"
Nice experience. It was easy to do it online.
Tom, Peoria, AZ
“Excellent. The person who helped me was nice and professional.”
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered.
Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.