Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for carpenters?
As a carpenter, you provide specialized services to your customers, so you face unique risks and need carpenter insurance to protect you. At Hiscox, we understand these risks and customize general liability insurance for your business to fit your specific needs.
General Liability Insurance
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), could protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Bodily injury: A prospective client comes to your shop to see examples of some of your work. It’s a rainy day, and on his way out he slips on your steps and falls, breaking his wrist. A general liability insurance for carpenters could cover his medical costs.
- Property damage and data loss: You are renovating a room in a client’s home and their laptop is lying nearby. During the demolition phase you accidentally drop something on the laptop causing damage and loss of data. Your insurance may cover the subsequent claim up to your general liability insurance policy's limits of liability.
- Personal injury: One of your employees is at lunch. He talks to the owner of the shop about one of your clients in a false and unflattering way. The client learns of this discussion and sues for slander. We will cover the subsequent claim, up to your general liability policy's limits of liability, and pay for an attorney to defend you if necessary.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why carpenters choose Hiscox:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making quarterly payments (with no fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored Insurance: Insurance custom tailored to meet your needs and save you money.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, we will defend you even if the claim has no basis and, if necessary, appoint an attorney.
- Worldwide coverage: We protect you for work done by your business anywhere in the world, as long as the covered claim is filed in the United States, or a US territory.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Kevin, Cocoa Beach, Florida
"It was refreshing to talk to a person from the very first phone call - No pressing numbers or talking to a computer!"
Great. It was refreshing to talk to a person from the very first phone call.
Sean, Casselberry, Florida
The quoting and purchasing process were the easiest I've ever encountered, and definitely will be referring in the future.
Boncel, Virginia Beach, Virginia
"I will tell everyone to use your service especially call for Ms Smith"
The young lady Kacherie was great very knowledgeable
Kathiravan Jegadeesan, Houston, Texas
"Easy and simple to do it online"
Nice experience. It was easy to do it online.
Tom, Peoria, AZ
“Excellent. The person who helped me was nice and professional.”
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered.
Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.