Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for property managers?
As a property manager who oversees residential buildings (i.e., condos or rental apartment complexes) or commercial buildings (i.e., office buildings or main street properties), for other building owners, you face specific risks. That's why we offer specialized property manager insurance to fit your needs.
Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services – for businesses like yours. When is it important to have professional liability insurance? Examples include:
- Wrongful eviction: As a property manager, you are responsible for evictions. Not following the proper eviction process can lead to claims being brought against you. Professional liability insurance could protect you even if you haven’t made a mistake.
- Tenant discrimination: Claims of discrimination are a common risk that property managers face. A potential tenant also may claim that you did not rent a property to them based on their race, religion or gender, even if you’ve done nothing of the sort. Having the right professional liability insurance will cover you when current or potential tenants claim that you wrongfully discriminated against them.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), could protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Resident injury: Your resident falls and injures herself on your property. General liability insurance could protect you from third party claims for bodily injury and associated medical costs.
- Third party property damage: You had to enter the apartment of a vacationing tenant because the tenant next door detected an odor. As you attempted to find the light switch, you knocked over a table which held several expensive collectables. General liability insurance could protect you against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
- Bodily injury: A shopper went to a mall during a snowstorm, and slipped and fell on the sidewalk on their way out of the mall. The shopper was injured and required a trip to the emergency room. The shopper sued you, the mall’s property manager, for failing to clear the sidewalks. General liability insurance could protect property managers against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why do property managers choose Hiscox?
- Fast and simple: Online quotes or speak to a licensed agent – immediate coverage.
- Passion for Service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service – 4.7/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
- Coverage for contracts: Our professional liability coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is ‘A’ rated (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
- Tailored coverage: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
William, New York, NY
“Good Policy In My Hands Quickly”
It was an extremely-easy and extremely-quick process. I had the complete custom policy in my hands, delivered by email, in literally minutes after making my selections and paying for it. The policy form seems clear and sufficiently-inclusive.
Randal, Dalton, GA
“Awesome service and commitment to customers like me”
There customer service is awesome and everyone I’ve spoken to are fast and polite. Can’t ask for better coverage and service from Hiscox they are wonderful to me and my company.
Carl, Saint Louis, Missouri
“Easy to work with.”
They are just awesome.
Andrew, Livingston, NJ
Very professional and extremely easy to deal with. The entire process was very affordable and painless. Highly recommend Hiscox to other contractors!
Anthony DeCaprio, Tampa, FL
“Incredibly Easy and Affordable”
I was amazed of how easy and quick it was to purchase a policy. Your prices compared to others are incredible and made it affordable so small business like my own could survive
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.