Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
Who needs personal trainers insurance?
Fitness professionals who work as personal trainers help their clients get in shape, train for competition, and recover after injuries. Due to the nature of this business, it is very important for personal trainers, like you, to consider certain protections offered by liability insurance.
A lot can go wrong when training, even when safety precautions are in place. Lawsuits are sometimes a realistic possibility for personal trainers, even if they have done nothing wrong, due to injuries sustained from workouts, bodily damage from equipment, or chronic pain that occurs after sessions.
A solution can be to protect yourself with personal trainers insurance, from Hiscox. In some cases, it is recommended that personal trainers carry professional liability insurance or general liability insurance policies for protection.
Examples professions we insure:
Personal trainer insurance policies available:
This type of insurance is also called errors and omission or E&O insurance. It is essential for personal trainers, like you, to have professional liability insurance to provide protection for claims made against your personal training business. Here are a few hypothetical examples:
- Claims of Negligence: A personal trainer instructs an older client to perform a specific exercise that involves a lot of physical exertion. Following the exercise, the client feels dizzy, experiences chest pain, and must be rushed to the hospital. The client later claims that the trainer caused his heart attack and mental anguish. This is very unfortunate, but it may not be the fault of the personal trainer. Having professional liability insurance (errors and omissions insurance) may protect you and your personal training business if such a claim is made.
Medical care can be expensive, and you could be responsible for medical costs if you don’t have professional liability insurance. Choose a Hiscox insurance plan, which may protect your business and help you save on business insurance costs.
- Loss of Personal Information: A personal trainer misplaces a client file that contains the client’s address, social security number, credit card number, and other records of personal information. This was an accident, of course, and not an intentional act of malice on the part of the personal trainer. In this instance, a client may file a lawsuit. Fortunately, Hiscox could cover claims, subject to your policy's limit of insurance.
Since lawsuits related to personal training can sometimes arise months or even years after a session took place, now is the best time to get a quote.
It’s also a good idea for personal trainers to have general liability insurance, sometimes called commercial general liability insurance (CGL). This insurance protects your personal training business from a client’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, or property damage. This is very useful in hypothetical examples like these:
- Bodily Injury: While waiting for a personal training session to begin, your client accidentally trips over a stack of mats and blames the personal trainer for not keeping the area clear and safe. Hiscox's general liability insurance may protect you against third-party claims for bodily injury and may limit the extent for which you are liable, up to your policy's limits and related medical costs.
- Property Damage: You are putting up some free weights after a workout with a client and accidentally drop a 25lb weight on your client's bag. The bag contained your client's laptop, which is now smashed. A Hiscox general liability policy may cover the subsequent claim and keep you in the good graces of your client.
Accidents sometimes happen. For peace of mind, get a free quote from Hiscox.
Why do personal trainers choose Hiscox?
Just like you watch out for your clients and keep their best interests in mind, you may also need personal trainers insurance to watch out for your practice and protect your business’ best interests. Hiscox is very familiar with the personal training industry and has worked with many personal training professionals just like you. We’re here to guide you through the insurance process, to ensure many more successful training sessions in your future.
- Flexible Payment Options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no fees) to help you manage your personal training business cash flow.
- Claims Responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, we immediately defend you even if the claim has no basis. If necessary, we may also appoint an attorney.
- Worldwide Coverage: We may protect you for work done by your personal training business anywhere in the world, just as long as the covered claim is filed in the United States, a U.S. territory, or Canada.
- Trust Us: Hiscox maintains a 94% customer satisfaction ranking, and we’re rated ‘A’ (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
With a 4.7/5 star ranking, our clients are confident in recommending us within their networks – which means they’re more confident operating their businesses with Hiscox behind them.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your personal training business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Timothy, Jacksonville, FL
“The experience was easy and informative, everything was online .this was my first time with this type of insurance.”
The experience was easy and informative, everything was online .this was my first time with this type of insurance.
Michael, Kamuela, HI
“Excellent service by Hiscox”
Robbin, New York City, NY
“Spoke to a real person”
I spoke with a representative who asked me questions about my business, and became genuinely interested in what I do as a teacher. I felt a personal connection, and that is extremely valuable to me.
Rabih, New York
“Quick and no hassle”
Robyn, Long Beach, CA
Experience was quick and easy.
Grant, Durham, NC
My service agent was awesome! She was knowledgeable , quick, fun to chat with, but very very professional in her dealings with me. I respect that and appreciate your service and business.
Underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Inc., a Chicago based insurance company. This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
The A.M. Best rating is for HICI which, as of December 31, 2014, had admitted assets of $149,432,027 and policyholders surplus of $55,021,013. Total liabilities were $94,411,014 (inclusive of $27,773,319 in reserves) and paid up capital stock was $4,200,000.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.