Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
Massachusetts Small Business Insurance
Hiscox offers Massachusetts small business insurance to professional services companies. We customize your coverage according to your business needs – no more, no less. Hiscox small business insurance products include:
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: A customer comes into a real estate office on a rainy day and slips on the tile floor, breaking their arm. The store owner is liable for the medical costs associated with the customer's injury, but could be protected by a general liability insurance policy.
- Property damage/data loss: An HR consultant has a client company's payroll records on their laptop. The laptop is damaged and the data cannot be recovered. The consultant's general liability policy could cover the costs associated with recreating the lost data.
- Make-up spill: A make-up artist went to a bride's home to do the bridal party's make-up before the wedding. She spilled liquid eyeliner on an expensive carpet, staining it. The bride's parents sued for the cost to clean the carpet. General liability insurance protects beauticians and cosmetologists against third party claims of property damage, bodily injury and related medical costs.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Slander: A property manager was overheard talking to a tenant about the building's owner. The property manager made comments that were negative and untrue. The statements were repeated to the owner of the building, who sued the property manager. Professional liability insurance protects property managers against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if needed, even if they haven't made a mistake.
- Protection even if you haven't made a mistake: A personal trainer suggests a new exercise to a client. The client fails to disclose to the trainer that he had back surgery recently and the new exercise causes back pain. The client sues the trainer. A professional liability insurance policy could protect the trainer, even if they didn't make a mistake.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Business owners policy (BOP) is a combination of general liability and business property insurance. BOP is often used to provide balanced coverage for small businesses who also want to protect their own business equipment. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- A marketing consultant leaves a work laptop at the office. Overnight, a thief breaks into the office and is captured on video stealing the laptop. A Business Owner’s Policy could cover the cost the replace the stolen laptop.
- An IT consultant’s server is damaged and it cannot be repaired. The cost to replace the server could be covered by the consultant’s Business Owner’s Policy.
Learn more about business owners insurance.
Example professions we insure in Massachusetts:
Why choose Hiscox for your business in MA:
- Passion for Service: Agents knowledgeable about business concerns in Massachusetts will provide you with excellent service – 4.8/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
- Customized Coverage: We tailor our professional insurance to the risk you’ll face in your industry.
- Competitive Rates: Our small business insurance quotes start from $22.50 per month in most states.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your Massachusetts business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Scott, Hanover, Massachusetts
“New business owner and happy with Hiscox so far.”
After 30 years working as an EMT for the city ambulance service, I retired and transitioned my part-time/casual photography business to full-time. Along with other issues to address, I knew I would need a business owner's insurance policy. I was referred to Hiscox through a fellow photographer who had good things to say about his experience with Hiscox over the years. I initially called the same insurance agent that I deal with for my car insurance. I have been quite happy with them dealing with my car insurance for about 40 years and although they did put together a quote for a BOP, I did not feel that they were confident in knowing what I needed for my small business. I had to make suggestions and even with that, they had to "look into it". When I called Hiscox, the agent seemed confident and (without any prompting from me) addressed all the areas that I felt needed to be addressed. As I said, I am new at this and so far have only just purchased the policy. I have not had any other interactions with them yet but thus far I am happy with their service.
Joseph, Lowell, Massachusetts
"My service feedback with Hiscox"
Rep that I spoke with was very helpful, suggested I have not just liability on myself also on the property my clts come into.
Dave, Middleboro, MA
“Easy, quick and cheap! It was very easy and quick to obtain the professional insurance I needed.
The website was straight forward and the reps I spoke to on the telephone were very nice and informative. PLUS it was much cheaper than what my local agent would offer.”
"Perfect for a small business. It was quick and easy."
Carol, Boston, MA
“Needed Liability Insurance as a contractor”
The process is simple and uncomplicated as it should be. Enter information and payment, and documents received within minutes.
For your convenience, we offer Massachusetts small business insurance across the state. Our products have been approved by the Massachusetts Division of Insurance, and are underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Inc., an Illinois insurance company whose license number is 622240000.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and DC. 520 Madison Avenue, 32nd Floor, New York, NY 10022.