Insurance for IT consultants
Do IT consultants need insurance?
IT consultants should get professional and general liability insurance. The duties of an IT consultant like testing, building, installing, repairing or maintaining tech systems may lead to problems when working with clients who take issue with certain IT approaches or who don’t get the results they expect. Obtaining insurance for IT consultants is a great way to protect yourself while continuing to provide beneficial services to clients.
Other occupations Hiscox insures
Insurance coverage available for IT professionals
For most IT professionals, there are three main types of insurance policies worth considering, each of which provides its own unique aspects of protection to assist you in running your business as smoothly as possible.
Why do IT professionals choose Hiscox?
At Hiscox, we understand just how much work goes into working in information technology. Whether you've opened your own business or are working as a consultant, we can help you grow your career by reducing risk with our insurance policies, allowing you to focus on what really matters—providing beneficial services to your clients.
Here are six reasons why IT consultants choose Hiscox above other providers for professional and general liability insurance:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our IT professionals insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service.
Ready to learn more about how Hiscox insurance can help mitigate risk with IT professionals insurance coverage? Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.