Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
Who needs cleaning services liability insurance?
You may need small business insurance if you are a cleaning professional who, among similar services, cleans carpets, does laundry, operates cleaning equipment owned by your clients and cleans with toxic chemicals. With a general liability policy, you can keep your business running smoothly even when client property or equipment is damaged.
Insurance for cleaning professionals is one of Hiscox’s small business specialties. Hiscox understands the demands and risks of cleaning services, so we customize coverage for cleaning professionals to fit your specific business needs. It is our goal to help protect professionals like you from the risks you’re most likely to face and to inspire confidence in small business owners.
Cleaning professionals whose businesses provide a wide range of services may also be interested in learning more about these related types of insurance that we also provide:
Example professions we also insure
Cleaning services insurance policies available
General Liability Insurance for cleaning services
As a cleaning professional operating a small business, you or your employees could be involved in a customer injury or property damage lawsuit that puts your business in jeopardy.
General liability insurance, often called commercial general liability (CGL), could protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. CGL is a fundamental part of any cleaning services business model because it helps business owners plan ahead for future mishaps.
Having general liability insurance for cleaners is beneficial in several instances. Here are a few real-world scenarios that commonly occur in this line of work and how Hiscox can help.
- Bodily injury: While cleaning a customer’s home, the customer trips over your cleaning supplies. He sustains injuries to his back and files a claim to hold you and your business legally liable for his injury.
In a bodily injury situation such as this, we may cover the subsequent claim and the customer’s related medical expenses, up to your limits of liability. Learn more about the benefits of insurance for cleaning professionals and request a cleaning services insurance quote.
- Property damage: One of your employees is cleaning a client’s office space and breaks a lamp while dusting it. The lamp was a rare and expensive family heirloom, and the customer demands that your business pay to have it repaired by an antique specialist.
Hiscox’s cleaning professional insurance also covers property damage, which is essential coverage to have in the cleaning services business. In a situation like this, we may cover the subsequent claim up to your limits of liability.
- Personal injury: An employee you have hired to clean offices takes her lunch break at a nearby restaurant. She talks to the owner of the restaurant about one of your clients in a false and unflattering way. The client learns of this discussion and sues you and your cleaning business for slander because of what your employee said.
To keep your business afloat after a situation like this, we may cover the subsequent claim, up to your policy's limits of liability, and pay for an attorney to defend you if necessary. Protect yourself from accidental slip-ups with an insurance policy for cleaners.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why do cleaning professionals choose Hiscox?
Whether you offer cleaning for residences, businesses, or other services, Hiscox’s cleaners insurance can help reduce the negative consequences of liability claims. After all of the time, dedication and hard work you’ve invested in building your cleaning company, you owe it to yourself to safeguard your business for the future.
Here’s why cleaning professionals across the country choose Hiscox for their general liability insurance needs:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our architects insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your cleaning business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Siaka, Creedmoor, NC
“Obtaining a professional service product that is tailored to my specific needs and line of business.”
The Hiscox agents were professional and knew how to tailor my insurance package to meet the needs of my consulting business.
Andrew, New Smyrna Beach, FL
Professional, affordable, convenient process
Steven, Nashville, TN
“Got the coverage I needed quickly without a complicated application process.”
Hiscox was able to provide our company with the coverage that we required in a quick, straightforward manner. The application process was easy and the response time by the company was excellent.
Barbara, Redwood City, CA
“I would recommend Hiscox to any small business owner.”
So easy and reasonably priced.
Dustin, Waukegan, IL
“Good service by Hiscox”
Fast and friendly.
Ernesto, Falls Church, VA
“It was very fast and looked reliable, I had no problem in getting the certificate”
It was very fast and looked reliable, I had no problem in getting the certificate
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.