Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
Virginia Small Business Insurance
To everyone living in the oldest colony in America, if you have a small business you’re in luck. In Virginia, we currently offer a range of small business insurance coverage customized to meet your business needs. Hiscox small business insurance products include:
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: A client comes to an accountant’s office in Vienna on a rainy day. The client slips and falls in the entryway of the building, breaking their wrist. The accountant’s general liability policy could cover the costs associated with the client’s injury, including lost wages.
- Property damage: An interior decorator in Leesburg is measuring a client’s windows for new window treatments. The stepladder falls, knocking an expensive vase off a table and breaking it. The decorator’s general liability policy could cover the cost to replace the vase.
- Lost wages: A client came to the office of a human resources consultant to discuss a possible project. While there, the client tripped over an area rug and fell, hitting his head on a desk. The accident resulted in a concussion, the treatment for which required that he stay out of work for six weeks. The client insisted that the consultant was responsible for his lost wages. General liability insurance protects HR consultants against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- ‘Bad’ advice: A management consultant in Fairfax recommends several cost-cutting measures to a client company, including laying off some experienced staff. The consultant’s report is very specific about the steps to take, including severance pay. The company lays off the staff but does not follow all of the consultant’s recommendations. One employee sues the company, and the company sues the consultant. A professional liability policy could protect the consultant, including covering legal costs as well as any settlement or judgment, even if they didn’t make a mistake.
- Dissatisfied customer: A photographer is hired to take pictures at an Alexandria wedding. The bride requests that the photographer take photos of her relatives who have travelled from outside the country to attend the wedding. The photographer tasks their assistant with taking these photos, and the assistant neglects to do so. The mistake is not discovered until after the wedding is over and the relatives have gone back home. The bride sues the photographer. The photographer’s professional liability policy could cover the liability, even though the mistake was made by the assistant.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Example professions we insure in Virginia:
How Hiscox can help your business in VA:
- Buy Direct: Get the right insurance immediately. Hiscox offers business insurance coverage that can be bought directly and online in real time.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
- Customized Coverage: We tailor our professional insurance to the risk you’ll face in your industry.
- Passion for Service: Agents knowledgeable about Virginian business concerns will provide you with excellent service – 4.8/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
- Competitive Rates: Our small business insurance quotes start from $22.50 per month in most states.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Jason, Danville, VA
"Super easy. Good rate too."
Stephanie, Midlothian, VA
"Easy as 1 2 3"
"Easy to purchase and helpful, friendly customer service."
Boncel, Virginia Beach, Virginia
"I will tell everyone to use your service especially call for Ms Smith"
The young lady Kacherie was great very knowledgeable
"Hiscox makes the process easy! I had a potential new contract that bizarrely, required commercial general liability, despite me being a 1-person company, working in a secure home office, on a computer. I called 4 companies, recommended by colleagues. Hiscox was easiest to work with; the woman I got when I called, took all my information, made recommendations to suit my situation, so I signed up. The other insurance companies required me to complete long forms, with many (irrelevant to my situation) questions, then called me between a week and 2 weeks later, with policy estimates that were much more expensive and clearly intended to insure larger complex companies."
"Very impressed with the service. I was impressed with the efficiency of the person I spoke with, who understood my requirements and provided the policy that I needed."
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 520 Madison Avenue, 32nd Floor, New York, NY 10022.