Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
South Carolina Small Business Insurance
If you have a professional services business in South Carolina, you’ve come to the right place. We currently offer a range of small business insurance coverage, which includes professional liability insurance and general liability insurance.
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: A prospective client came to an architect’s office to discuss a project. The client tripped on the stairs leading to the office, fell down the stairs, and broke his arm. General liability insurance could protect architects against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
- Property damage: A project manager was working at a client site, using the client’s computer system. The project manager accidentally dropped the laptop he was using, breaking it. The client made a claim for the replacement cost of the laptop. General liability insurance could protect project managers against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and property damage.
- Personal injury: A property manager was overheard talking to a tenant about the building’s owner. The property manager made comments that were negative and untrue. The statements were repeated to the owner of the building, who sued the property manager. General liability insurance could protect property managers against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if needed, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Negligence: An employee of a document preparation company was assisting the human resources department of a large company is transitioning their paper files to an electronic system. The employee accidentally shredded numerous documents before they were scanned correctly and the company was later sued for failing to maintain the proper documentation. The client company made a claim against the document preparation firm. Professional liability insurance could protect document preparers against claims of negligence.
- Lost data: A contract draftsman was working on plans for a hospital addition. He inadvertently deleted the layer of the file that contained the electrical specifications. He was unable to recover the data, and the electrical work had to be completely re-done, setting the project schedule back. Professional liability insurance could protect draftsmen against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if needed, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Example professions we insure in South Carolina:
How Hiscox can help your business in SC:
- Buy Direct: Get the right insurance immediately. Hiscox offers business insurance coverage in South Carolina that can be bought directly and online in real time.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
- Customized Coverage: We tailor our professional insurance to the risk you’ll face in your industry.
- Competitive Rates: Our small business insurance quotes start from $22.50 per month in most states.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your South Carolina business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Samantha, South Carolina
Very convenient and easy to purchase just what I needed for my business
Jong, South California
"Liability insurance premium is affordable. I will keep this insurance policy until I am working my business operation. Thanks Hiscox's insurance service."
Richard, South Carolina
"Excellent experience. Website information was clear and easy to understand. Selecting the right product and getting immediate feedback was great."
Oliver, Hemingway, SC
Hands Up, llc, Academy and West Colorado office
"customer service was great"
met our business needs
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 520 Madison Avenue, 32nd Floor, New York, NY 10022.