Insurance for massage therapists
Who needs massage therapist insurance?
If you’re running any kind of small business, insurance is vital, but especially if you are a certified massage therapist. A client may claim that an injury is suffered during a massage or claim to experience chronic pain because of your massage. In these situations, and many others, it’s possible that you may be held liable. With professional liability insurance or general liability insurance, Hiscox may protect massage therapists, like you, against claims like these and in some cases may appoint an attorney to defend you.
Example professions we also insure
Massage therapist insurance policies available
Having professional liability insurance is a great asset for any massage therapy business and is sometimes referred to as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance). The purpose of this insurance coverage is to protect massage therapists, like you, from claims relating to your professional services.
When would professional liability insurance for a massage therapist come into play? Hypothetical examples include:
- Protection Even If You Haven’t Made a Mistake: A massage therapist performs a deep tissue massage on a client who had noted shoulder pain prior to the treatment. While performing a shoulder stretch on the massage chair, the patient winces and asks the therapist to stop. The massage therapist stops the treatment immediately. A day later, the client accuses the massage therapist of causing a torn ligament in his shoulder, requiring surgery. Professional liability insurance, from Hiscox, could protect the massage therapist if such a claim is made.
Hiscox insurance will empower you and your business, as a massage therapist. With Hiscox you can continue to take pride in your work and be confident in your business’s future. Get a fast and free quote today simply by sharing a bit about you and your business.
- Loss of Personal Information: By mistake, a massage therapist misplaces a file with sensitive client information. The file contained the client’s medical history and financial data. It was an accident, of course, but the information is compromised and falls into the wrong hands. Now the client is a victim of identity theft and has suffered significant financial loss. If the client sues, Hiscox’s professional liability insurance could protect the massage therapist.
In the massage therapy industry, even an honest mistake can be grounds for a lawsuit. Don’t wait for a situation like this to happen to you and put your business at risk. We’ve created an easy and convenient way for small massage therapy businesses to get the right coverage at the right price.
Massage therapists can also benefit from having general liability insurance, also referred to as commercial general liability insurance or CGL. This important type of insurance could protect your business from a person’s claims of bodily injury, related medical costs or his or another business’s property damage. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances. Here are some examples that are relevant to the massage therapy industry.
- Claims of Injury: A massage therapy client leans on the headrest of a massage table to steady himself as he is trying to get up. The headrest snaps off, and the client’s arm is injured while trying to catch himself. This injury requires immediate medical attention and results in costly medical bills. General liability insurance could protect you against third-party claims for this client’s bodily injury to the extent of liability up to your policy limits and related medical costs.
While injuries like this are rare, they do happen, so it’s best to protect yourself and your massage therapy business. With a fast and simple quote process and electronic policy documents, Hiscox makes it easy to get insured.
- Client's Property Damage: A massage therapist is visiting a client’s home for an in-home massage and accidentally knocks over a computer monitor, breaking it. This is an accident, and the massage therapist apologizes and helps to clean up the mess. The computer was very expensive, and the client is worried about paying for a new one. A general liability policy from Hiscox may cover the subsequent claim that results from this accident, up to the policy's limits of liability.
Massage therapy sessions can be held in many different places, so it’s a good idea to have general liability insurance for potential property damage situations like this one. See examples of small business insurance quotes for your massage therapy business.
- Personal Injury: A massage therapist is out to lunch. She talks to the owner of the shop about one of her clients in a false and unflattering way. The client learns of this discussion and sues for slander. At Hiscox, we may cover the subsequent claim, up to the limits of liability, and pay for an attorney if necessary.
Protect yourself from accidental slip-ups, and request a Hiscox quote, today.
Learn about how much general liability insurance costs.
Why do massage therapists choose Hiscox?
At Hiscox, we have the experience and expertise to handle a wide variety of massage therapist insurance claims and would love to work with you to secure your business. As you can see from the examples provided above, there are many good reasons to get professional liability insurance and general liability insurance in this industry. Here are the top reasons why massage therapists choose Hiscox for their insurance needs:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our architects insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your massage therapy business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.