Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for massage therapists?
Small business insurance is vital if you are a certified massage therapist, you can be sued – even if you have done nothing wrong. During a massage, if injury is incurred by the client -- or the client experiences chronic pain as a result of a massage – you can be held liable. Your best solution is to protect yourself with massage insurance.
Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services – for businesses like yours. When is it important to have professional liability insurance? Examples include:
- Protection even if you haven’t made a mistake: A massage therapist performs a deep tissue massage on a client who had noted shoulder pain prior to the treatment. While performing a shoulder stretch on the massage chair, the patient winces and asks the therapist to stop. A day later the client accuses the massage therapist of causing a torn ligament in his shoulder, requiring surgery. Professional liability insurance could protect the massage therapist if such a claim is made.
- Loss of personal information: By mistake, a massage therapist misplaces a file with sensitive client information. It was an accident of course, and the information is compromised. If the client sues, professional liability insurance could protect the massage therapist if such a claim is made.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), could protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Claims of injury: A client leans on the headrest of a massage table to steady himself as he is trying to get up. The headrest snaps off, and the client’s arm is injured while trying to catch himself. General liability insurance could protect against third-party claims for bodily injury to the extent of liability up to your policy limits, and related medical costs.
- Client's property damage: A massage therapist is visiting a client’s home for an in-home massage and accidentally knocks over a computer monitor, breaking it. A general liability policy could cover the subsequent claim, up to the policy's limits of liability.
- Personal injury: A massage therapist is out to lunch. She talks to the owner of the shop about one of her clients in a false and unflattering way. The client learns of this discussion and sues for slander. We may cover the subsequent claim, up to the limits of liability, and pay for an attorney if necessary.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why massage therapists choose Hiscox:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Claims Responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, we will immediately defend you even if the claim has no basis and, if necessary, appoint an attorney.
- Passion for Service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service – 4.8/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
- Customized Insurance: Insurance tailored to meet your needs and save you money.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
The service was great! All my needs were taken care of.
"Perfect service" Colin was great and helped me understand everything. Great customer service! The representative was very knowledgeable about the services/products Hiscox offered and helping me to choose the best policy for my company. She made the entire process very easy and the response was quick. She made me feel good about policy I purchased. In today's business world, customer service is the key and I must say I would have to give this representative the highest grade for this skill.”
Lydia, Tallahassee, FL
"Clear, patient and helpful. Absolutely phenomenal service! Very easy process and was not time consuming.”
Stephanie, Midlothian, VA
"Easy as 1 2 3"
Easy to purchase and helpful, friendly customer service
Daryl, Portland, OR
“Wonderful! Very helpful and patient!”
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.