Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for zumba instructors?
If you are a certified Zumba Instructor, you can be sued – even if you have done nothing wrong. Your best solution is to protect yourself with liability insurance.
The exact coverage that is best for you depends on the details of your business. Many Hiscox customers seek to optimize their coverage by choosing both professional liability and general liability policies. To assure that you get the best coverage for your Zumba business, see the examples below.
Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services – for businesses like yours. When is it important to have professional liability insurance? Examples include:
- Negligence: A Zumba instructor was teaching a dance class with many experienced students. The class was extremely energetic. A few days later, one of the most enthusiastic students claimed that she had sustained a swollen knee, because the instructor was pushing the class too hard. As a result, the student was unable to walk and missed a week of work. Professional liability insurance (errors and omissions insurance) could protect you if such a claim is made.
- Liability for medical costs: A regular Zumba client starts to experience severe back pain and makes a claim against the studio for negligently instructing her. Professional liability could protect Zumba instructors and studio owners against such claims and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if necessary, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Bodily injury: During a sweaty Zumba class, a student slipped on a wet spot and fell and fractured her wrist necessitating a visit to the emergency room. General liability insurance protects you against third-party claims for bodily injury, to the extent you are liable up to your limits, and related medical costs.
- Slander: A new Zumba instructor made disparaging and untrue remarks about a client. Another client overheard and the conversation got back to the client, who sued the studio for slander. General liability insurance protects Zumba studio owners against third-party claims of slander, property damage, bodily injury and associated medical costs.
- Property damage: A Zumba instructor is visiting a client’s home for a private session and accidentally knocks over a laptop, breaking it. General liability insurance could protect Zumba studio owners against third-party claims of property, bodily injury and related medical costs.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why zumba instructors choose Hiscox:
- Buy Direct: Get the right insurance immediately. Hiscox offers business insurance coverage that can be bought directly and online in real time.
- Competitive Rates: Our small business insurance quotes start from $22.50 per month in most states.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
- Customized Coverage: We tailor our professional insurance to the risk you’ll face in your industry.
- Passion for Service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service – 4.8/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Karin, Kansas City, Missouri
“2 thumbs up”
Efficient and painless application process. Excellent customer support. Rapid turn -around on response.
Angela, Raleigh, NC
The agent who helped me determine my needs was professional, patient and kind.
James, Alexandria, VA
“Hiscox is doing a good job.”
Hiscox has an easy to use system with clear pricing and straightforward instructions for how to follow up with a live person to answer any questions, and the prices are very competitive. My only objection is that there is limited ability to review or manage an existing policy through the online interface. Generally, the online management is a matter of submitting transactions and waiting for responses – which come quickly, but it’s less fluid than having a login model where policies can be reviewed at a glance.
Denis, Las Vegas, NV
“Affordable coverage and easy, too!”
Fast and easy to use. I had a Hiscox policy before and I enjoyed using their services. Their customer service is excellent and helpful.
Yatin, New Jersey
“Quick and Easy Online Quotes”
Excellent quick online service. Great rates.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.