Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for Pilates instructors?
If you own a Pilates studio or similar business, you can be sued – even if you have done nothing wrong. Your best solution is to protect yourself with liability insurance.
The exact coverage that is best for you depends on the details of your business. Many Hiscox customers seek to optimize their coverage by choosing both professional liability and general liability policies. To assure that you get the best coverage for your Pilates business, see the examples below.
Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services – for businesses like yours. When is it important to have professional liability insurance? Examples include:
- Dissatisfied client: A Pilates studio owner provides private instruction to a busy business executive. The executive is dissatisfied with the progress he is making and requests more frequent training sessions. Soon afterwards the executive starts to experience severe back pain and makes a claim against the studio. Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance, could protect you if such a claim is made.
- Liability for medical costs: A regular Pilates client starts to experience severe back pain and makes a claim against the studio for negligently instructing her. Professional liability protects Pilates instructors and studio owners against such claims and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if necessary, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), could protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Bodily injury: While adjusting her machine in the Pilates studio, a student slips, falls and injures herself and by hitting her head against the Pilates Reformer machine. General liability insurance could protect the instructor against such claims made by another person.
- Slander: A new Pilates instructor made disparaging and untrue remarks about a client. Another client overheard and the conversation got back to the client, who sued the spa for slander. General liability insurance could protect Pilates studio owners against third-party claims of slander, property damage, bodily injury and associated medical costs.
- Property damage: A Pilates instructor is visiting a client’s home for a private session and accidentally knocks over a laptop, breaking it. General liability insurance could protect Pilates studio owners against third-party claims of property, bodily injury and related medical costs.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why Pilates instructors choose Hiscox:
- Passion for Service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service – 4.8/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
- Customized Coverage: We tailor our professional insurance to the risk you’ll face in your industry.
- Competitive Rates: Our small business insurance quotes start from $22.50 per month in most states.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Guy, Bentonville, AR
“Professional caring service”
The agency was vary helpful , professional and well informed they gave me a good fair rate! As I'm just starting a company this was most important!
Moses, Idaho Falls, ID
“Friendly Approach and clear communication”
They were Friendly and Communicated clearly.
Jennifer, Vista, CA
“Happy New Business Policy Customer”
Simple, easy to use online quotation system. I followed up with a live agent to amend the limits on a policy. The agent couldn’t have been more pleasant to deal with, and informative. Very satisfying experience, over all.
Pris, Grain Valley, MO
Easy and affordable
James, Hagerstown, MD
“Easy online availability”
Simple fast coverage online.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.