Insurance for Yoga studio owners
Who Needs Yoga Teaching Business Insurance?
If you own a yoga studio, or similar type of fitness or wellness business, lawsuits can sometimes be a realistic possibility. Even if you have done nothing wrong, people who visit your yoga studio could file a claim for injuries sustained during class, because of an instructor’s actions, or even before and after class while on your property. To keep your yoga studio thriving, consider the protection offered under Hiscox's yoga instructors/ studio owners liability insurance.
The coverage that is best for you may depend on the details of your specific yoga studio. Factors to consider may include the size of your location, your studio’s location, and how many instructors you employ. Many of our customers seek to protect their business by selecting a professional liability policy or a general liability policy. Additionally, here are some of the insurance types we offer to protect individuals in related fields:
Yoga Teaching Insurance Policies Available:
Yoga instructors and yoga studio owners may need professional liability insurance, also referred to as errors and omissions insurance or E&O insurance. This is insurance coverage for possible claims made against instructors and yoga businesses for a variety of reasons.
When is it important to have professional liability insurance in the yoga industry? Here are a few examples:
- Negligence: A yoga studio owner has been providing private instruction to a regular client. The client develops lower back pain and blames the yoga teacher for inadequate supervision, and for providing poor instruction. The client chooses to file a claim for medical injuries and expects the yoga studio owner to pay for related care. Professional liability insurance provided by Hiscox could protect you in this situation if such a claim is made.
Even if you provide an excellent level of instruction to your clients, incidents happen, and claims are sometimes filed. Contact Hiscox to learn about our yoga studio insurance policy.
- Liability for Medical Costs: A regular yoga studio client attempts a new and challenging pose and injures their wrist while attempting it. The wrist injury requires surgery and time off work to recover. They later submit a claim against the studio for providing negative instruction. Professional liability insurance from Hiscox may protect yoga instructors and studio owners against claims like these, and in some cases, may appoint an attorney to defend you.
At Hiscox, we use technology to streamline the insurance process. Learn more by requesting a free quote.
Some yoga instructors and studio owners may be protected under general liability insurance, which is sometimes called Commercial General Liability Insurance or CGL. This type of insurance may protect your yoga business from clients’ and other businesses’ claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial for yoga studios in instances like these:
- Bodily injury: A yoga studio owner is proud of their new studio and has invested in beautiful hardwood floors and complementary mirrors that hang from the walls. During one strenuous class, a student loses their balance and falls against a mirror, breaking it and cutting themselves. This yoga student may choose to file a claim against the instructor supervising the class, the yoga studio, or both. General liability insurance from Hiscox may protect you and your studio against claims like this.
A lot can go wrong even with safety precautions already in place. Hiscox insurance policies are created to help you achieve your business goals with confidence.
- Slander: A new yoga instructor that you have hired has made disparaging and untrue remarks about a student in class. Someone overheard the conversation and tells the student, who sues the studio for slander. General liability insurance may protect yoga studio owners against third-party claims of slander, property damage, bodily injury, and associated medical costs.
Yoga studio owners should feel empowered knowing Hiscox is there to look after your best interests. Get a fast and free quote online today for a flexible plan starting at $22.50/month.
- Property damage: A yoga instructor is visiting a client’s home for a private session and accidentally knocks over a laptop, breaking it. The laptop is expensive, and the client is upset about having to replace it. General liability insurance could protect yoga instructors and the studios they work for against third-party claims of property, bodily injury, and any related medical costs.
You don’t have to sit back and wait for accidents to happen. Take charge of your yoga business and your financial future.
Learn more about general liability insurance costs.
Why Do Yoga Instructors/ Studio Owners Choose Hiscox?
Yoga is a popular industry right now, and this is an exciting time to be a yoga instructor or own your own studio. As part of a successful yoga business plan, instructors and owners trust Hiscox to help them stay protected in the event of an accident or claim. Here are a few of the many reasons why yoga professionals have chosen Hiscox:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our architects insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your yoga business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.