Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for yoga studio owners?
If you own a yoga studio, or similar business, you can be sued – even if you have done nothing wrong. Your best solution is to protect yourself with liability insurance.
The exact coverage that is best for you depends on the details of your business. Many Hiscox customers seek to optimize their coverage by choosing both professional liability and general liability policies. To assure that you get the best coverage for your yoga business, see the examples below.
Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services – for businesses like yours. When is it important to have professional liability insurance? Examples include:
- Negligence: A yoga studio owner has been providing private instruction to a regular client. The client develops lower back pain and blames the yoga teacher for inadequate supervision and providing poor instruction. Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance, could protect you if such a claim is made.
- Liability for medical costs: A regular pilates client starts to experience severe back pain and makes a claim against the studio for negligently instructing her. Professional liability protects yoga and pilates instructors and studio owners against such claims and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if necessary, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Bodily injury: A yoga studio owner is proud of her beautiful premises. She has invested in beautiful hardwood floor and mirrors on all the walls. During one strenuous class a student lost his balance and fell against a mirror, breaking it and cutting himself. General liability insurance could protect you against such claims made by another person.
- Slander: A new yoga instructor made disparaging and untrue remarks about a client. Another client overheard and the conversation got back to the client, who sued the studio for slander. General liability insurance protects yoga studio owners against third-party claims of slander, property damage, bodily injury and associated medical costs.
- Property damage: A yoga instructor is visiting a client’s home for a private session and accidentally knocks over a laptop, breaking it. General liability insurance could protect yoga studio owners against third-party claims of property, bodily injury and related medical costs.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why yoga studio owners choose Hiscox:
- Fast and simple: Online quotes or speak to a licensed agent – immediate coverage.
- Passion for Service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service – 4.8/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
- Coverage for contracts: Our professional liability coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is ‘A’ rated (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
- Tailored coverage: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Jose, Tampa, FL
Great customer service they did everything to get me the best price possible
Karen, Minneapolis, MN
I thought the system was super easy to use. I had to call for assistance and the Hiscox rep was very helpful, knowledgeable and very pleasant to speak to.
David, Winston Salem, NC
Attention to details, attention and focus on me and my needs; very responsive
Susan, Los Angeles, CA
“Great customer service”
I was impressed with the customer service that was personalized to my needs and efficient
Lance, Midlothian, TX
Great coverage and pricing, fast.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.