Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for spa owners?
If you own a day spa, massage studio or similar health & beauty business, you can be sued, even if you have done nothing wrong.
Your best solution is to protect yourself with liability insurance.
Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services – for businesses like yours. When is it important to have professional liability insurance? Examples include:
- Loss of personal information: A spa employee accidentally misplaced a file with sensitive client information. Although it was an accident, the information was compromised and the client sued the spa owner. Professional liability insurance protects beauticians and cosmetologists against claims of negligence and loss of personally identifiable information.
- Allergic reaction: A spa employee used a new product on a client. The client had a severe allergic reaction to an ingredient in the product and sued for emotional distress, bodily injury and loss of wages as she was unable to return to her job as a court reporter for several weeks. Professional liability insurance could protect spa owners and beauticians against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if needed, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Bodily injury: If a client gets up after a facial and trips and falls over a folded massage table, she could claim that this was the owner's fault and sue for bodily injury as well as medical expenses. General liability could protect against such claims.
- Property damage: A spa employee is visiting a client’s home for an in-home facial and accidentally knocks over a laptop, breaking it. General liability insurance could protect spa owners against third-party claims of property, bodily injury and related medical costs.
- Slander: A spa employee made disparaging and untrue remarks about a client. Another client overheard and the conversation got back to the client, who sued the spa for slander. General liability insurance protects recruiters against third-party claims of slander, property damage, bodily injury and associated medical costs.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why spa owners choose Hiscox:
- Buy Direct: Get the right insurance immediately. Hiscox offers business insurance coverage that can be bought directly and online in real time.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
- Customized Coverage: We tailor our professional insurance to the risk you’ll face in your industry.
- Competitive Rates: Our small business insurance quotes start from $22.50 per month in most states.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Grantis, San Jose, CA
“Easy and What I Needed”
Agents were very nice and answered all my questions. I feel safe with my policy and look forward to taking my business further.
Julie, Denver, CO
“Easy, informative, and economical!”
Researching the policies was easy through the website. Then, when I needed some specific help, a quick phone call answered all my questions. I really appreciate that I can request an ACORD (COI) whenever I need it. The online tools seem very helpful - and the cost was reasonable.
Avery, New York, NY
Everyone I’ve spoken to or worked with has been absolutely fantastic—kind, knowledgeable, helpful and even has a sense of humor. Thank you!
Bethany, Wilburton, OK
My entire experience with the company was very pleasant. They offer an affordable insurance plan that met my needs as a small business owner. Very pleased!
Shelli, Windsor, VA
“Very good customer service”
The gentleman was very helpful with setting up my business Insurance. I just started with the company but so far so good which is good.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.