Insurance for spa owners
Who needs spa and beauty shop owners insurance
Spa and beauty shop owners often employ multiple therapists and beauticians to provide a wide range of services to clients. But regardless of whether you specialize in massages, facials, hairstyling, manicures, or other treatments, your business can benefit from insurance tailored to beauty professionals.
Fortunately, Hiscox specializes in this type of insurance and is here to help you choose the best policy for your small business needs. Since spa and salon owners tend to provide a variety of services to clients, Hiscox offers additional beauty insurance plans.
Example professions we also insure
Spa and beauty shop policies available
Professional Liability Insurance
For many small spas and beauty shops, we recommend having two types of insurance for the best protection: professional liability and general liability insurance. Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services – for beauty businesses like yours.
Spa and beauty shop owners can empower themselves with an insurance plan from Hiscox. When is it important to have professional liability insurance? Examples include:
- Loss of personal information: A spa employee accidentally misplaces a file that contains sensitive client information. The information is compromised and the client sues the spa owner. Professional liability insurance may protect beauticians and cosmetologists against claims of negligence and loss of personally identifiable information.
- Bodily injury: A masseuse uses a new product on a client. The client has a severe allergic reaction to an ingredient in the product and is unable to return to her job for several weeks. She sues for emotional distress, bodily injury and loss of wages. Professional liability insurance could protect spa owners and beauticians against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them if needed, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
Hiscox insurance agents understand the risks specific to businesses in the beauty industry and will ensure that you have the protection you need to feel more confident in treating customers.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
General Liability Insurance
If you own a spa or beauty shop, you may also want to consider a general liability insurance policy. General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property.
Here are some industry-specific, real-world examples of when general liability insurance could protect your spa or beauty business:
- Bodily injury: A client gets up after a facial and trips and falls over a folded massage table. She faults the salon owner and sues for bodily injury as well as medical expenses. General liability could protect against such claims.
- Property damage: A facialist is visiting a client for an in-home treatment and accidentally knocks over a laptop, breaking it. General liability insurance could protect spa employees against third-party claims of property, bodily injury and related medical costs.
- Slander: A client overhears a spa employee making disparaging and untrue remarks about another client. When she learns of the conversation, the hurt customer sues the spa for slander. General liability insurance protects businesses against third-party claims of slander, property damage, bodily injury and associated medical costs.
Learn more about general liability insurance costs on our website or give us a call.
Why beauty professionals choose Hiscox
Feel more confident with every treatment you provide. Here are a few of the many reasons why beauty business owners like you love working with Hiscox.
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
We enjoy working with businesses to equip owners like you with the knowledge and coverage necessary to succeed in the beauty services industry. Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your beauty business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.