Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
North Carolina Small Business Insurance
Is your business in need of North Carolina small business insurance? Hiscox can help; we offer customized insurance solutions to professional services businesses. Our products include professional liability insurance, general liability insurance and workers’ compensation insurance.
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Personal injury: At a convention center, two real estate agents were overheard making disparaging remarks about an executive at a nearby convention center. The conversation was overheard and got back to the executive. He sued the real estate agents. General liability insurance protects real estate agents against third-party claims of defamation/slander, bodily injury, associated medical costs, and property damage.
- Bodily injury: A computer programmer works from home one day so that he can accept a business delivery. The delivery man trips over a rock in the programmer’s driveway, injures his back and demands the programmer pays the hospital bills. General liability insurance protects computer programmers against third party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
- Damage to client property: A business consultant was on-site at a client location. While eating lunch at his desk one day, he accidentally spilled his iced tea all over the client’s iPad. General liability insurance protects business consultants against third-party claims of property damage, bodily injury, and associated medical costs.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Negligence: A cosmetologist accidentally misplaced a file with sensitive client information. Although it was an accident, the information was compromised and the client sued the cosmetologist. Professional liability insurance protects beauticians and cosmetologists against claims of negligence and loss of personally identifiable information.
- Dissatisfied client: A consultant recommended that a client restructure his business, including selling off marginal business units. The strategy backfired as the sold off units begin to prosper and the core business declined. The client sued the consultant for giving him bad advice. Professional liability insurance protects business consultants against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Business owners policy (BOP) is a combination of general liability and business property insurance. BOP is often used to provide balanced coverage for small businesses who also want to protect their own business equipment. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- A marketing consultant leaves a laptop at a job site overnight, and it is stolen. A business owner's policy could cover the cost the replace the stolen laptop, keeping the consultant in business.
- There is a gas leak in the shopping mall where a retail store is located, forcing the store to shut down for a week. A business owner's policy that includes business interruption coverage could protect the retailer from the costs associated with the loss of business.
Learn more about business owners insurance.
Example professions we insure in North Carolina:
How Hiscox can help your business in NC:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your North Carolina business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Veronica, Gibsonville, North Carolina
"Very easy and useful."
It was very quick and very easy to take care of.
Teresa, Colfax, NC
"Very good knowledgeable staff. Customer service seemed very knowledgeable about what insurance our company was best suited for. Very nice, polite conversations. Liked the idea of being able to receive policies electronically."
Jack, North Carolina
"Great Pricing, Great Service, I purchased" Liked the online pricing. The representative was very helpful and professional when I called and this helped me make my decision to purchase."
Keith, North Carolina
"Great to work with"
Very fast and efficient
Remi, North Carolina
It is a very pleasing experience to have an agent like Mr. Dyshawn who professional explain the policy in details before buying."
Rhonda, North Carolina
My experience was fast, courteous, and straight to the point. No surprises. I appreciate that most of all
Our products have been approved by the North Carolina Department of Insurance and are underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Inc., a Chicago, Illinois, insurance company whose license number is 2815.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 520 Madison Avenue, 32nd Floor, New York, NY 10022.