Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
Connecticut Small Business Insurance
Hiscox can help you if you have a small business in Connecticut. Our Connecticut business insurance coverage includes professional liability insurance, general liability insurance, and business owner insurance. Hiscox small business insurance products include:
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: A prospective client comes to a job site to see the work a finish carpenter is doing. While there, the client trips over one of the carpenters tools and is injured. The carpenter’s general liability insurance policy could cover the costs associated with the injuries sustained by the client.
- Property damage/data loss: An IT consultant is installing a new network at a client’s office. While transferring the data from the old server to the new one, several important files are corrupted. The client sues the consultant for the financial implications of the lost data. A general liability policy could cover these costs, protecting the IT consultant.
- Personal injury: At a travel convention, two travel agents were overheard making disparaging remarks about an executive at a nearby convention center. The conversation was overheard and got back to the executive. He sued the travel agents. General liability insurance protects travel agents against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Protection even if you haven’t made a mistake: A long-time client of a therapist confesses that they have developed romantic feelings toward the therapist. The therapist tells the client that it’s no longer appropriate to continue to treat the client and recommends a new therapist. The client is hurt, and files a claim of sexual impropriety against the therapist. Even though the therapist did nothing wrong, their professional liability policy could protect them, including the costs to defend against the allegations.
- Negligence: A programmer creates a new website for an ecommerce customer. On the day the website goes live, a bug causes it to crash, and it is down for three days before the problem can be fixed. The client sued the programmer for the lost income during the three days the site is down. A professional liability policy could cover these costs and protect the programmer.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Business owners policy (BOP) is a combination of general liability and business property insurance. BOP is often used to provide balanced coverage for small businesses who also want to protect their own business equipment. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- A graphic designer’s home office is damaged by fire. The damage to a high end computer caused the fire out is not covered by their homeowner’s insurance, but it is covered by their business owner’s policy, which replaces the computer and lets the designer get back to business.
- The office above a credit counseling agency is flooded by a burst pipe and the water leaks into the office below, damaging several desks, chairs, and computers. The insurance agency’s business owner’s policy could cover the cost to replace the damaged furniture and equipment.
Learn more about business owners insurance.
Example professions we insure in Connecticut:
How Hiscox can help your business in CT:
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
- Customized Coverage: We tailor our professional insurance to the risk you’ll face in your industry.
- Claims Responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, we will immediately defend you even if the claim has no basis and, if necessary, appoint an attorney.
- Worldwide coverage: We protect you for work done by your business anywhere in the world, as long as the covered claim is filed in the United States, a US territory, or Canada.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your Connecticut business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Sherri, East Hartford, Connecticut
“Hiscox is the way to go!”
No matter which team members I speak with, I always receive the same quality services. Although, the last team member, Greg, went above and beyond my expectations. I refer Hiscox to every small and large business owners I know
Dave, Middleboro, MA
“Easy, quick and cheap! It was very easy and quick to obtain the professional insurance I needed.
The website was straight forward and the reps I spoke to on the telephone were very nice and informative. PLUS it was much cheaper than what my local agent would offer.”
Andrew Thomas Clifton, Chicago, Illinois
"My service feedback with Hiscox"
Simple. Some of the site was a bit overpacked and it slightly overwhelmed me at times but everything else was great
Janice, San Antonio Texas
"He didn't give me the hurry up attitude and he was really nice."
He was friendly and patient with me
"My service feedback with Hiscox. Fast, easy to understand and affordable.”
All of our insurance products have been fully approved by the Connecticut Insurance Department and are underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Inc., a Chicago, Illinois, insurance company.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 520 Madison Avenue, 32nd Floor, New York, NY 10022.