Insurance for barbers
Do barbers need insurance?
Barbers who provide hair care services, including cutting, trimming, shaping and tapering their clients' hair, should get professional and general liability insurance. Problems can arise when working with clients who slip and fall at your salon or otherwise feel damaged by your services. Obtaining liability insurance is a great way to protect yourself while continuing to provide beneficial services to clients, which is especially true for barbers who work privately or own their own shop.
Related professionals we insure
Insurance policies available for barbers:
Barbers can protect their business with two main types of liability insurance - professional and general.
Why do barbers choose Hiscox?
At Hiscox, we understand just how much work goes into being a barber. Whether you've opened your own business or are working in a different capacity, we can help you grow your career by reducing risk with our insurance policies, allowing you to focus on what really matters: providing top-notch barbering services to your clients.
Here are five reasons why barbers choose Hiscox above other providers for professional and general liability insurance:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service.
Ready to learn more about how Hiscox insurance can help mitigate risk with insurance coverage? Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your barbershop. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 to speak with a licensed Hiscox agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.