Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for barbers?
Barber insurance, is integral for all barbers as you can be sued – even if you have done nothing wrong. Accidentally hurting a client with scissors to a slip and fall in your barbershop are all things you could be held liable for. Your best solution is to protect yourself with barber insurance.
The barber insurance coverage that is best for you depends on the details of your business. Many Hiscox customers optimize their coverage by choosing both professional liability and general liability policies. To assure that you get the best coverage for your business, see the examples below.
Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services – for businesses like yours. When is it important to have professional liability insurance? Examples include:
- Liability for medical costs: A barber accidentally nicks a customer’s ear and has to use a styptic pencil to stop the bleeding. Months later, the customer was diagnosed with an infection, and he sues the barber to cover his medical costs. Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance, can protect you in such a situation.
- Loss of personal information: By mistake, you misplace a file with sensitive client information. It was an accident of course, and the information is compromised. If your client sues you, we could cover claims subject to your limit of insurance.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Bodily injury: A customer arrives at the barber shop for a haircut. While attempting to get into the barber chair the customer slips and falls on the floor fracturing a finger and hitting his head. General liability insurance could protect against claims by other people for personal injury and property damage.
- Client's property damage: You’re visiting a client’s home for an in-home haircut and accidentally knock over a computer monitor, breaking it. Your general liability policy could cover the subsequent claim, up to your policy's limits of liability.
- Personal injury: Another barber at your shop made disparaging and untrue remarks about one of their clients to a friend. The client turned out to be a coworker of the friend and the conversation got back to the client, who sued the barber for slander. General liability insurance could protect against third-party claims of slander, property damage, bodily injury and associated medical costs.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why barbers choose Hiscox:
- Fast and simple: Online quotes or speak to a licensed agent – immediate coverage.
- Tailored coverage: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Coverage for contracts: Our professional liability coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Passion for service: Knowledgeable agents provide exceptional service – 4.8/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is ‘A’ rated (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Nancy, Bowling Green, KY
Very responsive, quick turnaround with coverage and price, easy to understand.
Heather, Palm Harbor, FL
“I would highly recommend Hiscox to others.”
My representative Patrice was very patient and helpful. She answered all my questions, what-if scenarios, and concerns thoroughly and thoughtfully. I was very impressed with the customer service and have let other stylist know of my experience.
“Great Insurance Option”
Simple, easy to complete. Cost effective.
Timothy, Murfreesboro, TN
“The whole process was simple and quick!”
It was very simple, easy and quick.
Forrest, Terre Haute, IN
“Excellent service by Hiscox”
Easy to understand. Simply a great way to buy Insurance. Good experience.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.