Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
Colorado Small Business Insurance
Hiscox can help you if you have a professional services business in Colorado. We currently offer a range of small business insurance coverage, including professional liability insurance, general liability insurance and more. We offer Colorado small business insurance across the state. Hiscox small business insurance products include:
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: An interior designer invites a prospective client to their home office to review color and fabric samples. The client trips on the steps and breaks their arm. The designer has a general liability insurance policy which could cover the costs of the client’s injuries.
- Property damage: An IT consultant is performing maintenance on a client’s server. The temporary assistant he hired to help with the project spills a cup of coffee on the server, damaging it beyond repair. The consultant’s general liability insurance policy could cover the cost to replace the server.
- Defamation and slander: A marketing consultant posts on social media on behalf of a client. The post includes what is supposed to be a lighthearted reference to a competitor, but there is a typo in the post that changes the meaning. The resulting post is quite derogatory, and the competitor sues. The consultant’s client sues them, but they could be protected with a general liability insurance policy.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Negligence: A personal trainer suggests a new exercise to a client. The client fails to disclose to the trainer that he had back surgery recently and the new exercise causes back pain. The client sues the trainer. A professional liability insurance policy could protect the trainer, even if they didn’t make a mistake.
- Copyright Infringement: A graphic designer creates a logo for a client in the technology space. Several months after the client begins to use the logo, they receive a cease and desist order from a large corporation in another industry, stating that the logo infringes on their copyright. The client sues the designer to recover the costs to redesign the logo and reprint their marketing materials. The designer is protected by a professional liability policy, which could cover their costs.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Business owners policy (BOP) is a combination of general liability and business property insurance. BOP is often used to provide balanced coverage for small businesses who also want to protect their own business equipment. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- An IT consultant’s server is damaged when there is a power surge, and it cannot be repaired. The cost to replace the server could be covered by the consultant’s Business Owner’s Policy.
- There is a gas leak in the strip mall where a retail store is located, forcing the store to shut down for a week. A business owner’s policy that includes business interruption coverage could protect the retailer from the costs associated with the loss of business.
Learn more about business owners insurance.
Example professions we insure in Colorado:
How Hiscox can help your business in CO:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your Colorado business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Julie, Denver CO
”Easy, informative, and economical!”
Researching the policies was easy through the website. Then, when I needed some specific help, a quick phone call answered all my questions. I really appreciate that I can request an ACORD (COI) whenever I need it. The online tools seem very helpful - and the cost was reasonable. Thanks
Julie, Colorado Springs, Colorado
"Quick & Easy"
I truly appreciate the easy on-line nature of the Hiscox application process. The prices are reasonable and the whole experience was so simple for me as a first-time business insurance applicant.
"Customer service was great"
Met our business needs
Clarance, Yonkers, NY
“Excellent service by Hiscox”
Very fast modern and efficient process!
Dulcinee, Chico, CA
“Awesome customer service answered all my questions and questions I didn’t think about I got answers for.”
Our products have been approved by the Colorado Division of Insurance and are underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Inc., a Chicago, Illinois, insurance company.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 520 Madison Avenue, 32nd Floor, New York, NY 10022.