Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
Utah Small Business Insurance
As small business insurance specialists we understand that every business is different, which is why we don’t offer one-size-fits-all solutions. We customize our small business insurance in Utah to the specific risks you face, ensuring you get the right coverage at the right price.
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: A draftsman was visiting a job site to make last minute adjustments to his drawings. He left his laptop bag on the floor and one of the workers tripped over it, sustaining injuries that required a trip to the emergency room and stitches. General liability insurance could protect draftsmen against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
- Personal injury: A management consultant was discussing a former client with another consultant, and said some untrue things. The conversation was overheard and got back to the former client, who sued the consultant for slander. General liability insurance could protect management consultants against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
- Property damage: A massage therapist is visiting a client’s home for an in-home massage and accidentally knocks over an expensive vase, breaking it. General liability insurance could protect massage therapists against third-party claims of property, bodily injury and related medical costs.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Negligence: A parent hired a substance abuse counselor for her son. After a few sessions, the son tells his parents that the treatment is working. A month later, however, the son is arrested for a DUI. The parents are irate and sue the counselor for negligence. Professional liability could protect substance abuse, mental health, and marriage and family counselors against claims of negligence even if they haven’t made a mistake.
- Loss of revenue: A public relations consultant issued a press release announcing the launch of a new ecommerce web site. The release contained a typographical error in the address of the site, so when people tried to access the site by typing in the URL, they were directed to another site. The client sued the consultant for the revenue lost due to the incorrect address. Professional liability insurance could protect public relations consultants against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if needed, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Example professions we insure in Utah:
How Hiscox can help your business in UT:
- Buy Direct: Get the right insurance immediately. Hiscox offers business insurance coverage that can be bought directly and online in real time.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
- Customized Coverage: We tailor our professional insurance to the risk you’ll face in your industry.
- Passion for Service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service – 4.8/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
- Competitive Rates: Our small business insurance quotes start from $22.50 per month in most states.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Elliot, Salem, UT
"Great service. Always used Hiscox and loved them. My contract required umbrella, so I needed to go another way."
Overall, it was a great experience. Mike (or Michael) Murphy was very helpful and pleasant.
Thomasina, Orange County, CA
"Satisfied: My representative was very professional and made sure I have the coverage I need. Very informative. Love my policy. Excellent, the customer service rep that assisted me was very helpful and knowledgeable."
Nina, Ontario, CA
"Friendly, informative, and helpful service. Thank you! The customer service representatives were very informative and helpful."
Tom, Peoria, AZ
"Excellent. The person who helped me was very nice and professional."
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 520 Madison Avenue, 32nd Floor, New York, NY 10022.