Get an instant, free quote and buy online
New York Small Business Insurance
As small business insurance specialists we understand that every business is different, which is why we don’t offer one-size-fits-all solutions. We customize our small business insurance policies for New York business owners to fit the risks your company faces so you can get the right coverage, right now.
All small business owners should consider protecting their business with the right small business insurance. Hiscox small business insurance offers:
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: A client trips over their personal trainers workout bag during their training session and breaks their ankle. A general liability insurance policy could cover the claim for medical expenses up to the policy limits.
- Property damage: A tax preparer gets contracted to do a major corporation’s taxes on site. While setting up the tax preparer spills his tea over the corporation’s server causing irreparable damage. A general liability policy could cover the claim, up to policy limits.
- Personal injury: An consultant within a public relations company is overheard talking about one of the company’s top client’s in a rude and unflattering way. The client hears about what was said and sues the company for slander. General liability insurance could cover the subsequent claim, up to general liability policy limits.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Dissatisfied client: A marketing consultant is working for a client who continually changes the scope of the project. When the consultant is not able to meet the original deadline for the expanded project, the client sues. Even if you haven’t made a mistake, professional liability insurance coverage could cover the cost of defending you up to policy limits.
- Negligence: An investment consultant advises a client to invest in a start-up company that goes bankrupt in a year. It is later discovered that the consultant did not thoroughly research the company before advising the client to invest, and the client sues. A professional liability insurance policy could protect the consultant, including defense costs, up to policy limits.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Business owners policy (BOP) is a combination of general liability and business property insurance. BOP is often used to provide balanced coverage for small businesses who also want to protect their own business equipment. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Office insurance for fire and business interruption.
- Electronic data loss insurance.
- Hired or non-owned vehicle liability insurance.
- Commercial crime insurance to cover the dishonesty of your employees.
Learn more about business owners insurance.
Hiscox now offers state mandated workers compensation insurance to ensure that injured workers receive prompt and fair compensation for job-related injuries and diseases. In most states, laws require you to pay for an injured worker’s medical care, lost wages, and death benefits. A Hiscox Workers Compensation Insurance policy must be purchased with another Hiscox business insurance policy. To get a free quote, call us at 1-855-743-2308 and speak to a licensed insurance agent, Mon-Fri 8am-10pm ET.
Learn more about workers compensation insurance.
Example professions we insure in New York:
How Hiscox can help your business in NY:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, we will immediately defend you even if the claim has no basis, and if necessary, appoint an attorney.
- Worldwide coverage: We protect you for work done by your business anywhere in the world, as long as the covered claim is filed in the United States, a US territory, or Canada.
- Tailored Insurance: Insurance custom tailored to meet your business needs and save you money.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your New York business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Holly, NYC, NY
“Put first time buyer at ease”
Hiscox made me a lot more comfortable as I made my first insurance purchase for my new consulting company.
Ed, Oyseter Bay, NY
“Excellent service by Hiscox”
Extremely easy process - from start to finish!
Richard, NYC, NY
“Excellent service by Hiscox”
Kathleen, Oneonta, NY
I am very impressed. They are very thorough and prompt, I will suggest them to everyone.
Jose, New York, NY
Services and quick response
Kristian, New York, NY
"Technology Policy, Great. Agent had clear knowledge of policy and my needs. Answered my questions and gave me advise.”
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 520 Madison Avenue, 32nd Floor, New York, NY 10022.