Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for cosmetologists/beauticians?
Hiscox customizes your cosmetology insurance to fit the specific risks you face, such as a facial treatment gone wrong or a hair color treatment gone bad. Read more about the specific risks Hiscox covers. We specialize in protecting a range of cosmetology professions, such as:
- Make-up artist
- Nail technician
- Small salon owner
Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services – for businesses like yours. When is it important to have professional liability insurance? Examples include
- Emotional distress: A hairstylist is dying a client's hair and leaves the treatment on for too long which results in scalp burns and damage to the hair itself. The client sues for emotional distress, bodily injury from the burns, and loss of wages because she could not return to work as a newscaster for several weeks. Professional liability insurance could protect hairstylists if such a claim is made.
- Treatment gone wrong: An esthetician applies a chemical peel to the client's skin, but the client had recently gone tanning, and the peel caused painful and unattractive skin burns. The client sues the esthetician. Professional liability insurance may protect estheticians if such a claim is made.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), could protect your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Damage to your client's property: A hairdresser is asked to perform on-site services for the bridal party of a wedding at her client's home. While there, her equipment malfunctions and starts a small fire. The client sues for damages to her home and mental distress. General liability insurance could protect hairdressers against third-party claims for property damage and bodily injury, to the extent the hairdresser is liable, and related medical costs.
- Personal injury: A make-up artist went to a bar after work with some friends. After a few drinks, she began talking loudly about a client. The comments were overheard by friends of the client, so word got back to the client, who sued the make-up artist for slander. General liability insurance may protect make-up artists against third-party claims of defamation and slander, property damage, and associated medical costs.
- Bodily injury: An esthetician performs a facial and then sends the client home with a high-end moisturizer that gives the client a skin rash. Since the product was distributed by this esthetician, the client makes a claim for damages, blaming the esthetician for providing a faulty product. General liability insurance could protect you against third-party claims for bodily injury, to the extent you are liable up to your policy limits, and related medical costs.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why cosmetologists/beauticians choose Hiscox:
- Fast and simple: Online quotes or speak to a licensed agent – immediate coverage.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is ‘A’ rated (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
- Passion for Service: Agents knowledgeable about business concerns will provide you with excellent service – 4.8/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
- Coverage for contracts: Our professional liability coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Ahmad, New York City, NY
Excellent- Quick- Professional
David, Clearwater, FL
Yes, Thanks for your professional service
Timothy, Seattle, WA
“Application was simple, quick.”
The application process was easy to use and explained each area with enough detail for me. I am a new customer, so I do not have a lot of experience with the Hiscox, but so far the experience is good.
Susan, Bloomfield, NY
“Returning to Hiscox”
Customer service is very friendly and helpful.
Answered my questions and provided a good quote on my business insurance. I would recommend other small business check them out
Paul, John’s Creek, GA
“I would recommend Hiscox to trainers and students, Gives Playmar S&C a sense of security.”
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.