Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
Nevada Small Business Insurance
As small business insurance specialists we understand that every business is different, which is why we don’t offer one-size-fits-all solutions. We customize our small business insurance in Nevada to the specific risks you face, ensuring you get the right coverage at the right price.
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: A client tripped on an area rug in a real estate agent’s office and fell, breaking his hip. The client claimed bodily injury and medical expenses. General liability insurance protects real estate agents against third-party claims of slander, property damage, bodily injury, and associated medical costs.
- Property damage: A make-up artist went to a bride’s home to do the bridal party’s make-up before the wedding. She spilled liquid foundation on an expensive carpet, staining it. The bride’s parents sued for the cost to clean the carpet. General liability insurance protects beauticians and cosmetologists against third party claims of property damage, bodily injury, and related medical costs.
- Personal injury: An employee at a management consulting firm went to a bar after work. After a few drinks, he began talking loudly about an executive at a client company. The comments were overheard by associates of the executive, so word got back to the executive, who sued the consulting company for slander. General liability insurance protects management consultants against third-party claims of defamation and slander, property damage, and associated medical costs.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Negligence: An esthetician applied a chemical peel to a client, unaware that the client recently spent considerable time in a tanning booth. The client had a reaction to the peel, resulting in painful and unsightly blisters that took weeks to heal. The client sued the esthetician for emotional distress and negligence. Professional liability insurance can protect estheticians against claims of negligence, and will appoint an attorney to defend them if needed, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
- Breach of contract: A building inspector was hired to complete the inspection of a new office complex within a very short period of time so that the complex could open on schedule. Shortly after the inspector accepted the project, two of his employees quit, leaving him without the resources necessary taking him longer to complete the job. The opening of the complex was delayed, and the client sued the building inspector for the loss of revenue. Professional liability insurance protects building inspectors against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if needed, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Example professions we insure in Nevada:
How Hiscox can help your business in NV:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your Nevada business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Scott, Las Vegas, Nevada
“Quick and easy! Very reasonable price and nice online policy management.”
Hal, LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
"LIVE AND LEARN. THANK YOU HISCOX."
I APPRECIATED THE VERY FAST SERVICE. THE REP'S WERE WELL INFORMED, INTERESTED IN MY NEEDS, AND COURTEOUS. I HAVE RECOMMENDED HISCOX TO COLLEAGUES AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO. HISCOX'S COVERAGE WAS PRICED FAIRLY AND IS HIGHLY COMPETITIVE. I'VE BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR 48 YEARS AND WISH I'D LEARNED ABOUT HISCOX MUCH SOONER.
Kendra, Salt Lake City, NV
"Awesome!" They were great. Everyone was really nice, and everyone gave me the same info when I called... I had to call a couple different times.”
Ed, Las Vegas, NV
Very easy process and great explanation of coverage options.
Eugene, Laughlin, NV
Fast evaluation of my application. The only company I could find that accepts startup businesses. The price is right.
All of our insurance products have been fully approved in Nevada by the Department of Business & Industry, Division of Insurance and are underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Inc., an Illinois insurance company whose license number is 4539.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 520 Madison Avenue, 32nd Floor, New York, NY 10022.