Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
Texas Small Business Insurance
Hiscox knows that deep in the heart of Texas are small businesses that are in need for the right insurance for their business. Since we specialize in small business insurance, we currently offer a range of coverage, tailored to your needs.
All small business owners should consider protecting their business with the right small business insurance. Hiscox small business insurance products available in Texas include:
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: An event planner is setting up some booths for a client’s demonstration. A customer comes to look at booth and trips over some wires the event planner left out. The event planner’s general liability insurance policy could cover the customer’s medical costs, that result from the injury.
- Property damage and data loss: A consultant spills coffee on an architect’s server causing damage. General liability insurance coverage could cover the subsequent claim up to general liability policy limits.
- Personal injury: An assistant at a hair salon is overheard speaking negatively about one of the salon’s customers on her lunch break to other customers. Word gets back to the customer who then sues the salon for slander. A general liability insurance policy could cover defense costs as well as any settlement or judgement.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Dissatisfied client: A business consultant is hired to increase a company’s productivity. The consultant advises the company to implement several internal processes, however, the recommendations are not implemented as specified and productivity decreases rather than improving, causing the client to sue the consultant. A professional liability policy could protect the consultant, even if no mistake was made.
- Negligence: A tax accountant is preparing taxes for this client. The client asks about a deduction he heard about and the tax preparer adds it in without checking to make sure it is accurate and applies to his client. The IRS fines the client who sues the tax preparer for negligence. A professional liability policy could protect the tax preparer.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Business owners policy (BOP) is a combination of general liability and business property insurance. BOP is often used to provide balanced coverage for small businesses who also want to protect their own business equipment. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Office insurance for fire and business interruption.
- Electronic data loss insurance.
- Hired or non-owned vehicle liability insurance.
- Commercial crime insurance to cover the dishonesty of employees.
Learn more about business owners insurance.
Example professions we insure in Texas:
How Hiscox can help your business in TX:
- Buy Direct: Get the right insurance immediately. Hiscox offers business insurance coverage that can be bought directly and online in real time.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
- Customized Coverage: We tailor our professional insurance to the risk you’ll face in your industry.
- Passion for Service: Agents knowledgeable about Texan business concerns will provide you with excellent service – 4.8/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
- Competitive Rates: Our small business insurance quotes start from $22.50 per month in most states.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Jorge, Houston, Texas
“Excellent service by Hiscox”
Very good, responded quickly, gave me a reasonable quote and I purchased.
Alessandra, Dallas, Texas
“Excellent service by Hiscox”
My first time, so far so good.
Service Rating "Excellent"
Good price for better coverage
"Good experience, helpful, satisfied"
I was very satisfied with the customer service. The person I spoke with was helpful and thorough and did a good job with gathering information and clarifying my information so that I tailored my insurance to my needs.
Tom, San Antonio, Texas
"Painless and efficient"
Painless and efficient. Your staff is very helpful and gets things done quickly. Made doing business with Hiscox a breeze.
Michael Gonzalez, Pearland, TX
"Very professional, flexible policy options, very satisfied. Great! The policy was sent to me right after payment, they even offered a money-back guarantee.”
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 520 Madison Avenue, 32nd Floor, New York, NY 10022.