Who needs online retailer insurance?
Online businesses are on the rise and for good reason: It’s a great way to serve customers while avoiding some of the expenses brick and mortar businesses incur. For online retailers who don’t specialize in food or drinks, Hiscox offers the unique coverage you need to protect your business.
If you’re selling anything from sporting goods to home décor and your business is 100% online, you could be prone to common risks known to this industry. However, with the right insurance policy, it’s easy to stay protected.
Policies available for online retailers (excluding food and beverage)
General liability insurance for online retail
General Liability (GL) insurance, sometimes called small business liability insurance or commercial liability insurance, provides insurance coverage for your business against claims made by others including bodily injury, damage to property, or personal injury. Here are some scenarios in which a general liability policy could protect your business.
- Bodily injury: If a vendor comes to your home office and trip and falls, your homeowner’s insurance will likely not cover this since the purpose of the visit was business-related. However, a general liability policy could cover the associated medical costs.
- Products and completed operations: You sell a treadmill to a customer. The customer claims that the treadmill is faulty and caused them to fall and sustain an injury while running on it. Although this is probably the fault of the manufacturer, the customer sues you. If you have a general liability policy, the legal fees you incur to protect yourself could be covered.
Why do online retailers choose Hiscox?
At Hiscox, we understand just how much work goes into being a successful online retailer. If you opened up an online store, we can help you reduce your risk with our insurance policies, allowing you to focus on what really matters: providing a top-notch experience to your customers.
Here are six reasons why retailers choose Hiscox above other providers for small business insurance.
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory, or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.8/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Ready to learn more about how Hiscox insurance can help mitigate risk with small business insurance coverage? Get a fast, free quote online. If you have questions, call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a licensed Hiscox insurance agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Richard, Atlanta, GA
Fast accurate painless
Matthew, Naperville, IL
“Easy to signup at Hiscox!”
Purchase experience was very easy.
Benjamin, Wayne, PA
“Great customer support and advice”
Your people have been great – so knowledgeable and helpful. Exceeded my expectations.
Sharon, Portland, OR
“Try Hiscox first – best service and prices anywhere.”
The whole process was easy, quick and very professional. I had applied for the same coverage with two local companies and after filling out many pages of forms, the price was way too high. His cox kept it simple and your pricing is amazing.
Donnell, Las Vegas, NV
The rep was pleasant and assuring. My purchase was expedited efficiently!
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.