Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
Kansas Small Business Insurance
As small business insurance specialists we understand that every business is different, which is why we don’t offer one-size-fits-all solution. We customize our small business insurance in Kansas to the specific risks you face, ensuring you get the right coverage at the right price. Hiscox small business insurance products include:
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: A customer comes into a retail store on a rainy day and slips on the tile floor, breaking their wrist. The store owner is liable for the medical costs associated with the customer's injury, but could be protected by a general liability insurance policy.
- Property damage: A realtor is showing a client a home that contains a lot of expensive antiques. During the showing, an expensive vase is broken. The realtor's general liability policy could cover the cost to replace the vase.
- Data loss: An IT consultant is installing a new network at a client's office. While transferring the data from the old server to the new one, several important files are corrupted. The client sues the consultant for the financial implications of the lost data. A general liability policy could cover these costs, protecting the IT consultant.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Dissatisfied client: An architect designs a large-scale home renovation for an indecisive client. After the project is complete, the client sues the architect for failing to meet the deadline and budget, despite the fact that the overages were due to multiple change requests by the client. A professional liability policy could protect the architect, paying his defense costs as well as any settlement or judgment.
- Negligence: The client of a home healthcare aide is hospitalized with an infection, which the client's family says was caused by wound dressings that were not changed frequently enough. The family sues the aide. The costs could be covered by the aide's professional liability insurance policy.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Example professions we insure in Kansas:
Why choose Hiscox for your business in KS:
- Passion for service: Knowledgeable agents provide exceptional service – 4.8/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
- Coverage for contracts: Our professional liability coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Tailored coverage: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Fast and simple: Online quotes or speak to a licensed agent – immediate coverage.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is ‘A’ rated (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your Kansas business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Karin, Kansas City, KS
“2 thumbs up”
Efficient and painless application process. Excellent customer support. Rapid turn-around on response.
Damien, Overland Park, KS
“Very easy and affordable”
"Very satisfied with Hiscox process!!"
Overall, I really liked the ease of completing my insurance needs online. The process is extremely quick and easy read and fill in the correct answer to complete an application. I plan on applying for another policy as soon as I complete my franchise paperwork.
"E & O Coverage. Fast and easy quote process; policy is reasonably priced. Speedily and efficient”
Matthew, Austin, TX
"Great phone help" My experience with the phone operator was excellent; she educated me and coached me through the process of getting liability insurance for my business.
All of our insurance products have been fully approved by the Kansas Insurance Department and are underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Inc., an Illinois insurance company whose license number is 4539.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 520 Madison Avenue, 32nd Floor, New York, NY 10022.