Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
Illinois Small Business Insurance
If you have a professional service business in Illinois, Hiscox can help you get the right protection for your business. We currently provide a range of small business insurance coverage which we tailor to your unique business needs. Hiscox business insurance products include:
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: A client comes to an accountant’s office in Itasca on a rainy day. The client slips and falls in the entryway of the building, breaking their wrist. The accountant’s general liability policy could cover the costs associated with the client’s injury, including lost wages.
- Property damage: An interior decorator in Lincolnshire is measuring a client’s windows for new window treatments. The stepladder falls, knocking an expensive vase off a table and breaking it. The decorator’s general liability policy could cover the cost to replace the vase.
- Defamation and slander: An educational consultant was hired to help a family obtain special education services for their child. The director of special education at the school the child attends was difficult to work with. At a local conference, the consultant was overheard making disparaging comments about the director, and word got back to them. The director sued the consultant for slander and defamation. General liability insurance protects education consultants against third-party claims of defamation/slander, property damage, bodily injury and associated medical costs.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- ‘Bad’ advice: An Oak Brook management consultant recommends several cost-cutting measures to a client company, including laying off some experienced staff. The consultant’s report is very specific about the steps to take, including severance pay. The company lays off the staff but does not follow all of the consultant’s recommendations. One employee sues the company, and the company sues the consultant. A professional liability policy could protect the consultant, including covering legal costs as well as any settlement or judgment, even if they didn’t make a mistake.
- Dissatisfied customer: A photographer is hired to take pictures at wedding in Highland Park. The bride requests that the photographer take photos of her relatives who have travelled from outside the country to attend the wedding. The photographer tasks their assistant with taking these photos, and the assistant neglects to do so. The mistake is not discovered until after the wedding is over and the relatives have gone back home. The bride sues the photographer. The photographer’s professional liability policy could cover the liability, even though the mistake was made by the assistant.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Business owners policy (BOP) is a combination of general liability and business property insurance. BOP is often used to provide balanced coverage for small businesses who also want to protect their own business equipment. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- A graphic designer in Oak Brook comes into their office one morning to find their high-end computer and printer have been stolen. Since these are the tools they use to do their work, they are out of business until the expensive equipment is replaced. A business owner’s policy can cover the cost to replace the equipment, letting the designer get back to work quickly.
- Electronic data loss insurance
- Hired of non-owned vehicle liability insurance
- Commercial crime insurance to cover the dishonesty of employees
Learn more about business owners insurance.
Hiscox now offers state mandated workers compensation insurance to ensure that injured workers receive prompt and fair compensation for job-related injuries and diseases. In most states, laws require you to pay for an injured worker’s medical care, lost wages, and death benefits. A Hiscox Workers Compensation Insurance policy must be purchased with another Hiscox business insurance policy. To get a free quote, call us at 1-855-743-2308 and speak to a licensed insurance agent, Mon-Fri 8am-10pm ET.
Learn more about workers compensation insurance.
Example professions we insure in Illinois:
How Hiscox can help your business in IL:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Customized Insurance: Insurance tailored to meet your needs and save you money.
- Claims Responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, we will immediately defend you even if the claim has no basis and, if necessary, appoint an attorney.
- Worldwide coverage: We protect you for work done by your business anywhere in the world, as long as the covered claim is filed in the United States, a US territory, or Canada.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Steven, Oswego, IL
"Very easy and fast service. Very highly recommended to other potential customers."
Stephen, Oak Lawn, IL
"Loved the online purchasing option! Overall, my experience with purchasing a policy from Hiscox was effortless and 100% online! I am very busy, and loved that I could purchase the policy without talking to anyone!"
“Great service. It was an easy, simple and affordable experience”
Kathleen, Chicago, IL
"Super easy and Necessary. Very easy and straightforward.”
"Great service and prices. Smooth transaction. Was a customer before and did not need insurance. Once I did require Hiscox was the first to contact. Great rate, so I did not look further. Awesome customer service.”
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 520 Madison Avenue, 32nd Floor, New York, NY 10022.