Wisconsin Small Business Insurance
Is your business located in the State of Wisconsin? Hiscox offers Wisconsin business insurance to professional services businesses. If you run a business such as this then Hiscox can help. We currently offer a range of small business insurance coverage, please see the following descriptions.
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: A client is in an auditor’s office, working late into the night. When the client finally goes to leave, he trips down the steps of the office, which are not well lit. His injuries require treatment at the emergency room. General liability insurance could protect financial auditors against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
- Accidental property damage: A building inspector was hired to inspect a renovation project in an apartment building. Part of the building was occupied. While the inspector was passing through the occupied section of the building, he inadvertently knocked an expensive vase off a table in a lobby area. General liability insurance could protect building inspectors against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
- Personal injury: An employee of an accounting firm is at lunch. He talks to the owner of the shop about one of a client in a false and unflattering way. The client learns of this discussion and sues for slander. We may cover the subsequent claim, up to the general liability policy's limits of liability, and pay for an attorney, if necessary.
Learn more about general liability insurance costs for your business.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Negligence: A marketing researcher was hired to conduct a series of focus groups for a product that had not yet been released. Although all of the participants signed non-disclosure agreements, one of the participants leaked the details of the new product to a competitor. The client sued the researcher for the breach. Professional liability insurance could protect marketing researchers against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if needed, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
- Dissatisfied client: A family hired an educational consultant to represent them in developing an individual educational plan for their child with dyslexia. When the plan was implemented, the child’s school performance worsened. The parents sued the consultant. Professional liability insurance could protect education consultants against claims of negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if needed, even if they haven’t made a mistake.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Business owners policy (BOP) is a combination of general liability and business property insurance. BOP is often used to provide balanced coverage for small businesses who also want to protect their own business equipment. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- A marketing company has several sophisticated trade show booths that they transport to various locations around the country. Two of the booths are discovered to be missing while being flown back from a show. The company’s business owner’s policy could cover the cost to replace the booths.
- A research consultant leaves a laptop at a job site overnight, and it is stolen. A business owner’s policy could cover the cost the replace the stolen laptop, keeping the research consultant in business.
Learn more about business owners insurance.
Example professions we insure in Wisconsin:
How Hiscox can help your business in WI:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A Wisconsin business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your Wisconsin business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
"Great Insurance Option
Simple, easy to complete. Cost effective.
Tim, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
"User-friendly and fast"
Simple, clear and easy to understand when compiling information to make a decision
Dr. Mark Burns, Brookfield, Wisconsin
"They have done a great job answering"
Very prompt & professional.
ally, Upper Saddle River, New Jersey
"Seamless and easy"
Eric, Ridgecrest, California
Easy to use and the Ferrari of business consulting insurance.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered.
Coverage is subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states. Administered by Hiscox Inc., a Delaware corporation that is a licensed insurance producer in all states and Washington, D.C. 5 Concourse Parkway, 21st Floor, Atlanta, GA 30328.