Who needs speech therapist insurance?
Speech therapists, who diagnose and treat communication and swallowing disorders in children and adults, should have professional and general liability insurance. Problems may arise when working with clients who do not agree with certain approaches or methodologies. Obtaining speech language pathology (SLP) insurance is a great way to protect yourself while continuing to provide beneficial services to your clients. This is particularly true for speech therapists who work privately or own a small business.
Example professions we also insure
Insurance policies available for speech therapists
For most SLPs, there are three main types of insurance policies that will be worth considering—each of which can provide its own unique aspects of protection to help you run your business with confidence.
Why do speech therapists choose Hiscox?
At Hiscox, we understand just how much work goes into speech language pathology. Whether you've opened your own business or are working as a therapist in a different capacity, we can help you grow your career by reducing risk with our SLP insurance policies, allowing you to focus on what really matters.
Here are six reasons why speech therapists choose Hiscox above other providers for professional liability insurance and general liability insurance:
- Flexible payment options: We offer you the option of making monthly payments (with no additional fees) to help you manage your cash flow.
- Tailored insurance: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Claims responsiveness: When a covered claim is reported, Hiscox will immediately assign a dedicated claims representative to assist you.
- Coverage for contracts: Our architects insurance coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Worldwide coverage: A business insured through Hiscox is covered for work done anywhere in the world, as long as the claim is filed in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
- Passion for service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service—4.7/5 people surveyed recommended us.
Ready to learn more about how Hiscox insurance can help mitigate risk with speech therapists’ insurance coverage? Get a fast, free quote online. If you have questions, call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a licensed Hiscox insurance agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Richard, Atlanta, GA
Fast accurate painless
Matthew, Naperville, IL
“Easy to signup at Hiscox!”
Purchase experience was very easy.
Benjamin, Wayne, PA
“Great customer support and advice”
Your people have been great – so knowledgeable and helpful. Exceeded my expectations.
Sharon, Portland, OR
“Try Hiscox first – best service and prices anywhere.”
The whole process was easy, quick and very professional. I had applied for the same coverage with two local companies and after filling out many pages of forms, the price was way too high. His cox kept it simple and your pricing is amazing.
Donnell, Las Vegas, NV
The rep was pleasant and assuring. My purchase was expedited efficiently!
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.