Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for social workers?
If you are a licensed Social Worker, you can be sued – even if you have done nothing wrong.
Your best solution is to protect yourself with liability insurance.
Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services – for businesses like yours. When is it important to have professional liability insurance? Examples include:
- Negligence: A social worker is treating a family that can’t get along. The father is short tempered and abusive, the wife is shy and retiring and the teenage daughter is volatile and rebellious. The social worker is working to make them talk more to each other but progress is slow. Finally, the daughter runs away from home and the husband tells the social worker that they blame her. He wants his money back and he is also suing the social worker for damages. Professional liability insurance (errors and omissions insurance) could protect you if such a claim is made.
- Sexual misconduct: A female social worker is treating a young adolescent male client. She realizes that he is developing a crush on her, so she tells him that he should see a different therapist. He reacts angrily, and files suit against the social worker, saying that she behaved inappropriately toward him. Professional liability protects social workers against claims of sexual misconduct and negligence and will appoint an attorney to defend them, if needed.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Personal injury: A social worker rents an office in a medical professional building. A family attends a therapy session at the social workers office with two small children. The children act up in the climb up on a desk and both fall over injuring themselves and requiring medical attention The family sues the social worker for pain and suffering and medical costs. General liability insurance could protect you against third-party claims for personal injury.
- Bodily injury: A client sits back in an office chair too far and loses her balance. He falls to the tile floor causing himself injury. General liability insurance protects you against third-party claims for bodily injury and related medical costs.
- Slander: A social worker made disparaging and untrue remarks about a client. Another client overheard, and the conversation got back to the client who sued the social worker for slander. General liability insurance could protect against third-party claims of slander, property damage, bodily injury and associated medical costs.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why salon owners choose Hiscox:
- Fast and simple: Online quotes or speak to a licensed agent – immediate coverage.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is ‘A’ rated (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
- Passion for Service: Agents knowledgeable about your business concerns will provide you with excellent service – 4.8/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
- Coverage for contracts: Our professional liability coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
David, Oxnard, California
"Great product, filled our needs for our small business AND a pretty good price for what is covered."
Great explanation of coverages although the most came after I applied online. But then there's the 14 day guarantee in case I saw something I didn't like. Being a former insurance agent, it was readily understandable and not so much legal mumbo jumbo talk. Great product delivery (instant). And even better, no human intervention.
Barbara, Millville, NJ
"I love the fact the were quick about thins and ready to help"
"Exceptional insurance for a great price Representatives were specific, efficient, and polite. Documents were prepared and emailed in a speedy fashion. I feel protected and that appropriate needs are covered. I would purchase Hiscox insurance again and would recommend to peers."
Janice, San Antonio, Texas
"He didn't give me the hurry up attitude and he was really nice."
He was friendly and patient with me
Charlotte, Redding, California
"Great service. Reasonable rates"
Agent was very helpful. Quick and easy
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.