Insurance for interior designers
Who needs interior designer insurance?
If you have an interior design or home decorating business, you're used to transformative before and afters. You’re likely busy working with clients, contractors and other designers. A lot of work occurs in clients' homes, business offices and even retail spaces. And, creating new or improved living and office spaces can include all kinds of fabrics, flooring, lighting and furniture. With your artistic vision and attention to detail, you also want to avoid common risks.
An example is an unstable scaffold that collapses and damages an expensive piece of furniture in a client’s home or office. The client might sue for damages and even a single negative review can harm your stellar reputation. However, your insurance policy is there to protect you when things go wrong.
Insurance can cover risks like these:
• Damage to your clients’ property.
• Using incorrect materials or making incorrect measurements.
• An on-the-job slip, trip or accident.
• Cyber breaches that expose client data.
• Failure to complete projects within budget or on time.
• Professional negligence or bad advice.
• Weather-related damage, vandalism or theft.
Reducing risks and losses can help you stay focused on growing your business. And, Hiscox can provide specialized insurance coverage as your business evolves.
Other design and construction professions we insure
Types of interior designer insurance policies available
Why do interior design professionals choose Hiscox?
At Hiscox, we know there are a host of challenges your business faces every day. Maybe you’re a new designer or you are adding more services to gain leverage. Our small business insurance policies help take the stress out of business ownership. There are fewer risks to concern yourself with.
Here's why businesses choose Hiscox interior design insurance:
- Claims responsiveness: Helpful agents are ready to assist with your covered claims.
- Commitment to service: We have a 4.7/5 customer service rating.
- Coverage for contracts: Our coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Custom insurance: We can customize policies specific to your risk factors. And, we work with businesses like yours every day.
- Flexible payment options: We offer annual or monthly payment plans with no added fees.
- Worldwide coverage: Have global locations? We cover work anywhere in the world, as long as you file your claim in the U.S., a U.S. Territory or Canada.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your beauty business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.