Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
What kind of insurance is best for acupuncturists?
If you are a certified acupuncturist, you can be sued – even if you have done nothing wrong. Your best solution is to protect yourself with liability insurance.
The exact coverage that is best for you depends on the details of your business. Many Hiscox customers seek to optimize their coverage by choosing both professional liability and general liability policies. To assure that you get the best coverage for your acupuncture business, see the examples below.
Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services – for businesses like yours. When is it important to have professional liability insurance? Examples include:
- Negligence: An acupuncture patient is dissatisfied with the results of her treatment. The patient decides to consult with her general practitioner who tells her that her condition should be resolved with surgery not acupuncture. The patient sues the acupuncturist for failing to correctly diagnose the problem and failure to recommend a more suitable practitioner. Professional liability insurance could protect you in such a situation.
- Loss of personal information: By mistake, the receptionist at an acupuncturist's office misplaces a file with sensitive client information. It was an accident of course, and the information is compromised. If your client sues the acupuncturist, we could cover claims subject to the limit of insurance.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Having this kind of coverage is beneficial in several instances:
- Bodily injury: A patient arrives at an acupuncture office for treatment. It is a rainy day, and the patient slips and falls on the waiting room floor fracturing a wrist and breaking her designer sunglasses. General liability insurance could protect against claims for her injuries and property damage.
- Lost wages: A client tripped on a power cord in an acupuncturist's office and fell, breaking his arm. The injury sustained required that the client stay out of work for an extended period of time. The client insisted that the acupuncturist was responsible for his lost wages. General liability insurance could protect acupuncturists against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and property damage.
- Personal injury: While having coffee at the local cafe, a receptionist of an acupuncturist's office is overheard talking about a client in a false and unflattering way. The client finds out about the conversation and sues the firm for slander. The acupuncturist could be protected by a professional liability policy.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Why acupuncturists choose Hiscox:
- Coverage for contracts: Our professional liability coverage satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Fast and simple: Online quotes or speak to a licensed agent – immediate coverage.
- Passion for service: Knowledgeable agents provide exceptional service – 4.8/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is ‘A’ rated (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
- Tailored coverage: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Jeff W., Scottsdale, AZ
"She was awesome and helpful. The person that helped me through my policy was extremely helpful!”
Adewunmi, Tracy, California
Seamless, pretty straight forward and not time consuming. Reasonable premiums.
Joseph, Redding, California
"Best Insurance Company Ever"
Super polite and helpful. My highest recommendations.
Lloyd, Phoenix Arizona
My overall experience was very good, good service, helpful people
Antonia, San Antonio, TX
Great service will most defiante recommend to friends.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.