Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
Who needs Acupuncturist Insurance?
Unfortunately, because of the extensive direct contact acupuncture requires, running your own acupuncture business can pose serious risks, including being sued by your patients, even if you’ve done nothing wrong. Claims could be filed against you as a business owner and acupuncture professional due to negative results from a treatment, loss of personal information, bodily injury, or even slander.
Both professional liability insurance for acupuncture and general liability acupuncture insurance are beneficial for individuals in your profession. Acupuncture insurance protection is a great way to plan for the future, so you can use your skills and continue to build your business without fear of unanticipated setbacks.
If acupuncture work is just one of several aspects of your business, consider some of the additional types of coverage we offer to professionals in the healing and wellness space.
Example professions we insure
Insurance policies available for Acupuncturists:
Professional liability insurance, sometimes called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), is insurance coverage for claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services – for businesses like yours.
When might it be important to have professional liability insurance for acupuncturists? Here are a few real-world examples to consider:
- Negligence: An acupuncture patient is dissatisfied with the results of her treatment. The patient decides to consult with her general practitioner who tells her that her condition should be resolved with surgery, not acupuncture. The patient sues the acupuncturist for failing to correctly diagnose the problem and the failure to recommend a more suitable practitioner. Professional liability insurance could protect you in such a situation.
- Loss of personal information: By mistake, the receptionist at an acupuncturist's office misplaces a file with sensitive client information. While it was an accident, what's done is done, and the client's information is compromised. If your client sues the business, we may cover claims subject to the limit of insurance.
- Temporary staff and independent contractors: You hire an independent contractor, who works briefly at your acupuncture business. They do acupuncture work for a client who ends up dissatisfied. The client sues you long after the independent contractor leaves your business. In such a case, you would need professional liability coverage to protect you from claims arising from the work done by that independent contractor.
Industry professionals need acupuncturists insurance to be prepared for a wide variety of potential claims that could be brought against them. At Hiscox, we take the protection of patient information very seriously and know that you do, too. This is why acupuncture liability insurance is ideal for all shapes and sizes of businesses. Learn more by requesting a free quote.
General liability insurance, sometimes called Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. When you work as a professional acupuncturist, patients could file claims against you following slip-and-fall accidents that occur in your office or on your property, as well as for lost wages sustained because of those slip-and-fall accidents.
Here are few industry-specific examples:
- Bodily injury: A patient arrives at an acupuncture office for treatment. It's a rainy day, and the patient slips and falls on the waiting room floor, fracturing a wrist and breaking her designer sunglasses. General liability insurance could protect against claims for her injuries and property damage.
- Lost wages: A client trips on a power cord in an acupuncturist's office and falls, breaking his arm. The injury requires that the client stay out of work for an extended period of time. The client insists that the acupuncturist is responsible for his lost wages. General liability insurance could protect acupuncturists against third-party claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and property damage.
- Personal injury: While having coffee at the local cafe, a receptionist of an acupuncturist's office is overheard talking about a client in a false and unflattering way. The client finds out about the conversation and sues the firm for slander. The acupuncturist could be protected by a liability policy.
Situations like the above are very unfortunate, but they do happen. Take charge of your acupuncture business and the risks surrounding it with a Hiscox insurance plan.
Why do Acupuncturists choose Hiscox?
When you arm yourself with a Hiscox acupuncture insurance plan, you help secure your financial future and take control over your business's destiny. In today’s litigious world, business owners and even employees of small businesses can never be too careful or plan too far ahead. We work with acupuncturists to reduce insurance costs with deductibles that are right for you and risk management rewards that make acupuncture insurance coverage a viable and cost-effective choice.
- Coverage for contracts: Our professional liability insurance for acupuncturist professionals satisfies most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Fast and simple: Quote online or speak to a licensed agent – immediate coverage for acupuncturist insurance customers. No waiting, no hassles, and no gimmicks – just straightforward coverage to keep your acupuncture business protected.
- Passion for service: Knowledgeable agents who understand the intricacies of acupuncture liability insurance and who provide exceptional service – 4.7/5 of people surveyed recommended us.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is ‘A’ rated (Excellent) by A.M. Best. You can feel confident too with an acupuncturist insurance policy from Hiscox.
- Tailored coverage: We specialize in acupuncture businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
This is an exciting time to be in the industry of natural health and alternative medicine, but not even these businesses are immune to patient claims and lawsuit risks.
Quote online or call a licensed insurance agent
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your acupuncture business. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday – Friday, 7am – 10pm ET. We look forward to serving you and your business so that you can continue to focus on what you do best.
Hiscox Customer Reviews
Jeff W., Scottsdale, AZ
"She was awesome and helpful. The person that helped me through my policy was extremely helpful!”
Adewunmi, Tracy, California
Seamless, pretty straight forward and not time consuming. Reasonable premiums.
Joseph, Redding, California
"Best Insurance Company Ever"
Super polite and helpful. My highest recommendations.
Lloyd, Phoenix Arizona
My overall experience was very good, good service, helpful people
Antonia, San Antonio, TX
Great service will most defiante recommend to friends.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.